Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Landing Gear - Who uses it?

As a current Phantom 3 advanced user , I am so used to controlling the drone with the remote control that the palm/gesture features on the spark are not appealing. But the main reason that I use (and totally love) the extenders on my spark is because even though the spark will land very softly I am over concerned about the sensors or gimbal possibly hitting the ground when landing in a hard surface (particullarly if its slightly windy) also when taking off in low grass I would frequently get the "gimbal overload" message because it cannot move freely. The leg extenders totally eliminate these problems.
I have the same set of extenders and they work great...got mine from Drone Valley...

I got information PGYTECH will release a set for Spark soon so I better wait to see these first. But again , the ones posted lok gearticuleerde and my Sparky worth :)

Last edited:
As a current Phantom 3 advanced user , I am so used to controlling the drone with the remote control that the palm/gesture features on the spark are not appealing. But the main reason that I use (and totally love) the extenders on my spark is because even though the spark will land very softly I am over concerned about the sensors or gimbal possibly hitting the ground when landing in a hard surface (particullarly if its slightly windy) also when taking off in low grass I would frequently get the "gimbal overload" message because it cannot move freely. The leg extenders totally eliminate these problems.
Just so ya know! She's quite a sturdy drone if you do ever find the gimbal and such hitting things... Just made mine do several cartwheels by a lake (luckily uphill away from it) but got dirt everywhere, had to restart it cause it wouldn't take off after the tumble, but no sign of damage otherwise!!! Had to get my nice pants dirty though to clean off the camera :p

I don't use palm takeoff / landing but I do take off and land in the hand exclusively.

I use the RC with a lanyard and can hold the Spark in one hand while executing the prop start CSC with the other hand.

For landing in the palm "manually" (with gesture control disabled), I bring the Spark into a hover and hold my open palm under it for a few seconds while pulling down on the elevation. I guess it basically interprets my hand as "the ground" and starts decending and then I just grab it.

This guy talks about this, plus the "grab and rotate to kill the motors" method lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis