Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Palm landing when at 10% battery or lower (critical auto land)

edlloyd

Join
Oct 9, 2018
Is it possible to force a palm land (not turning on gesture mode) when the craft is auto descending for critical battery level. I was in the middle of a muddy field and the battery reached 10% and started auto landing. i palm land all the time without gesture mode (push landing button on screen and palm land works great) but when the critical landing starts the landing button on the app goes away. i wanted to avoid it landing in the mud so i tried to put my hand under it and it just took that as an obstacle and started hovering higher.

and kind of as a 2nd part question. when my spark starts a critical landing, it goes down to about 12 inches off the ground and hovers, but never lands, it at that point pops up to confirm landing.

guess i should just plan a head when i am in that situation to have a landing pad or landing gear.

just the critical auto land kind of confused me

thansk all

Hi, I'm a newbie pilot and would also like to have definite answers re the questions you're asking.
The Spark manual says:
Low-Battery RTH
The user can cancel the RTH procedure by pressing the RTH button or Flight Pause button on the remote controller. and....
The aircraft will land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude.
You say the 'landing' button on the app. (device screen) had disappeared. From the instructions above I take it you can use the Flight Pause button on the RC to cancel RTH and then presumably go into palm land.
Being new I don't know, but would like to hear from experienced pilots.
Cheers

i wanted to avoid it landing in the mud so i tried to put my hand under it and it just took that as an obstacle and started hovering higher.

Hold the left stick down as you are landing and the Spark will hesitate, and then land in your hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502