Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Landing Gear

Scott White

Join
Jan 20, 2018
Loc
Grovetown, Georgia USA
One of the problems I have with my Spark is how low to the ground it sits when taking off or landing. I am not sure if the Mavic series are the same. I get concerned about dust and other ground debris blowing up into the avionics or the camera gimble.

I was poking around on Amazon and saw these little landing gear legs. They looked small enough to not add significant weight and at $8 bucks it was worth a try.

Pretty nifty little doodads... Lifts the Spark about 1.5 inches off the ground. I am not sure if that's enough to truly keep dust and dirt out of it but it makes me feel a little better.

IMGP3836.jpg

IMGP3834.jpg

One of the problems I have with my Spark is how low to the ground it sits when taking off or landing. I am not sure if the Mavic series are the same. I get concerned about dust and other ground debris blowing up into the avionics or the camera gimble.

I was poking around on Amazon and saw these little landing gear legs. They looked small enough to not add significant weight and at $8 bucks it was worth a try.

Pretty nifty little doodads... Lifts the Spark about 1.5 inches off the ground. I am not sure if that's enough to truly keep dust and dirt out of it but it makes me feel a little better.

IMGP3836.jpg

IMGP3834.jpg
Yep, I’ve got the same ones. Won’t fly without them. In fact I don’t think I ever have. Great quality product. My avatar shows my Spark.
Cheers

I used to love “The Military Channel”. So I can appreciate your fondness for these early accomplishments.

Reactions: lightbg
I have the same little Amazon £8 ones. I think they’re brilliant for the money. They give just enough clearance to be able to safely put the drone on damp or dirty ground. And they don’t weigh silly amounts so lowering flight time. Exactly the kind of thing that should be standard with a Spark.

Reactions: Scott White
They look great, tempted to invest in some as the Spark does sit too close to the ground for my liking

New They look great, tempted to invest in some as the Spark does sit too close to the ground for my liking

Yeah for $8, buy both types and find the one you like. Honestly its super simply and inexpensive and like I said. Even if they don't keep all the dust and dirt out it makes me feel better about taking off and landing in a field.

Here's the four legged style: https://amzn.to/2pR2i8p

As a side note. I saw these and didn't know whether the laugh or just get scared of the entire thought of landing on water. I guess in a damp/wet field they might be ok. Weight? Overall bounciness? I'll just not fly in those conditions.

2IgMFOu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast