Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Landing Legs

I've tried two styles... on the second ones now....

Tried these first... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072TYKMN8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I use a Tile Sport velcro-ed to the underside of the battery, so the spark wont sit flat, these raise it up very nicely, and keep the gimbal out of the grass too. Only issue I had was after about 25 flights, one of them broke at the fastener... they also catch the wind just a little. I bought another set, they are on standby for now

Now I am using these... which are shorter, but seem sturdier...
https://www.amazon.ca/Landing-Gear-..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=GFMNXBMVPDWTWR9X86JM

I also use a battery strap, so the legs and strap tend to fight for space on the back legs, so I have to remove the landing gear there to release the battery strap.

Of course, which ever you get, if you travel about and use the flymore case, you will need to be removing and reinstalling these each time.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum. Fly safe!

I have a set of PolarPro landing gear that I no longer use.

They friction fit to the battery and I thought they may come off if zipping around in Sport Mode.

I just launch / land with my hand and the remote nowadays.

I brought landing legs but found launching and landing from hand much better. Only takes a little practise - look on YouTube for a "how to" video.

Reactions: charliespark
Improvise, adapt, and overcome a situation.:)

Love the homemade stuff people do.

http://a.co/d/gjwCvnx.

I've been using these - see link above. I attached three collision avoidance strobe lights on to the landing gear. That way I don't have to put tape or Velcro on the drone itself. The landing gear is only eight or nine dollars on Amazon. It works very well. I've read reviews that say that it's a little flimsy. I don't think it is flimsy at all - works perfectly for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
"Made my own landing gear, i made it as light as possible with pvc pipe. I used a box cutter for fine detail and a dremil tool to get the shape, i must just spray it still. I spent 0 bucks on it "

might they affect the motors cooling from the botton ?

"Made my own landing gear, i made it as light as possible with pvc pipe. I used a box cutter for fine detail and a dremil tool to get the shape, i must just spray it still. I spent 0 bucks on it "

might they affect the motors cooling from the botton ?
Not at all, i had 4 fights so far and on hot days

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: p4n05
O'woda Foldable Landing Gear with Quick Release Propellers Guard Props Bumper Protective Guard for DJI Spark https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NXVZBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rHU3Bb60FQ0JD
I'm pretty sure I have these ones and I like them. Compared to original DJI prop guards these O'woda's don't block the battery locking strap. Quality wise, they seem comparable to the DJI ones in terms of density, but perhaps they're less dense (thinner/lighter). The foldable legs work. I place them according to the instructions, there's an A prop and a B prop. Top right and bottem left is A, opposite for B props. After placed, I unfold the legs, and place it down whereever I would like to launch from, be it on the landing pad or grass area. They do help to keep the Spark off the direct ground. It gives it good enough lift for me, it's not so high off the ground. You could still catch a tall weed plant during take off and have it wind around your motor and make you crash but just be sure that you're not in think bushes during take off (My Spark survived with these vs a tall weed, it just intertwined-flipped-turned off-crashed-then back to action when I reset)

I have had bad crashes when I rush a decide not to use prop guards. So I tend to always use prop guards these days and not rush into the air.

I say these prop guards are worth the money and worth investigating. The landing gears seem to help on uneven surfaces and give me increased confidence.IMG_20181104_093255__01.jpgIMG_20181104_093311__01.jpg

Reactions: Heckmaniac
The sunny ones will make your spark flip over in sport mode if you turn too fast, the motors wi shut off so what ever is under you and how far away is gonna matter

http://a.co/d/gjwCvnx.

I've been using these - see link above. I attached three collision avoidance strobe lights on to the landing gear. That way I don't have to put tape or Velcro on the drone itself. The landing gear is only eight or nine dollars on Amazon. It works very well. I've read reviews that say that it's a little flimsy. I don't think it is flimsy at all - works perfectly for me.

I use these as well and I like them. They are almost 1/2 the weight of the owoda ones. And I ALWAYS use a battery clamp as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502