Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Light for Spark

I will fly during daylight. Was thinking of mounting it on the bottom, but is there a place on the bottom that won’t effect sensors?
I have yet to receive my Spark, but am reading everything I can, so I will be up to speed when it gets here.

DO NOT mount them (strobes) on the bottom.
I purchased one and mounted it to my Polar Pro landing gear which placed it next to the sensors.

It was the shortest and most terrifying 30 second flight I had. As soon as it launched it couldn't see the ground and the Spark couldn't figure out what altitude it was at so I brought it down with a very hard landing.

I don't think the light will affect the IR but it definitely affected the Visual Sensor.

I have since relocated it to the rear arm on the bottom and it seems to be far enough away from the sensors as I haven't had a problem yet.

Mounting on the bottom allows me to see it in flight regardless of orientation but I also have a mount on the back of the arm that I can use for directional information.

I'll eventually get another one of a different color to mount on the front arm so I can tell if the Spark is coming or going.

I used that 3m plastic lock to secure the strobe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav