Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Altitude Adjustment

ThePara

Join
Sep 17, 2019
This may have been discussed so forgive me as i haven't found a definitive answer.....Downloaded Litchi, having made sure DJI Go 4 was set to the legal 400 ft max RTH & Max Altitude settings. Stopped DJI from being default app for flying and booted up the Litchi app having planned a simple trial way point mission with the Mission Hub. Attempted to uploads mission to the Spark, however following upload reaching 100% i got a message that Failed to set max altitude.

I've already read the other blog that stated that the DJI Go 4 app should be set as required and then the Litchi app will take those settings, however this isn't happening. AGGGHHHHH!!! what am i doing wrong? I've managed to fly a way point mission out to 1.2 miles with no worries, but am limited to 165 ft,

Has anyone got a solution to this? Obviously flight by wifi only isn't the way forward as it's going to be limited to close distance. Help Please

Hi Barbara, yes I've seen this too, and whereby you can adjust your RTH value, any attempt to adjust the max altitude above 167 ft, simply re-populates it back to 167 ft.... Most anoying

I understand your annoyance. Perhaps trying to reload Litchi? I've used their Facebook page (I hate Facebook) to get help on occasion. You can PM them with your question and they will get back to you.

A few weeks ago , on a regular Litchi fligtht I had an altitude of 124 meters . The highest mission altitude about 80 meters .
I know about the bug . Anyway I’m working with android phone and after I do something in Dji Go4 . I finally close the app , even in background.
I twice got a litchi message “ can’t load mission” . But after closing/reloading app . It was ok

Hi Roland, sorry sir, but if possible, could you add a step by step guide on what you did between dji go 4 n Litchi to achieve 124 meters (400 ft) thanks in advance. Regards

I thought litchi would only work with a controller???
Yes that's true, but it also has a glitch (with Spark) where it continues to default set max altitude to 167 ft? I'm trying to find out how to get around this to allow the permitted 400 ft here

Yes that's true, but it also has a glitch (with Spark) where it continues to default set max altitude to 167 ft? I'm trying to find out how to get around this to allow the permitted 400 ft here

Hmmm,
I The bug must be limited to versions after 2.6.3 Because I flew this and was able to reach way higher than 167ft:
Mission failed because google maps which is used by Litchi, thought the mountain trail crest was higher than what it was.
Check YouTube description.

I installed Litchi as it is asked on their website . Close Dji Go4 app and even closed it on background .
Had same problems with altitude settings but only with OTG cable .
However, Litchi settings are overwritten by Dji settings although you can’t see it .
If I change settings in Litchi without OTG , they are changed in Go4 app too . So in practice , disconnect OTG cable , change settings in Wifi and connect OTG again .
Max altitude is set at 200 m and RTH 45 m because 30 m is about the height of a big tree .
But I allways totally close Dji Go4 even in background to avoid influencing each other.

Reactions: Haggi
I installed Litchi as it is asked on their website . Close Dji Go4 app and even closed it on background .
Had same problems with altitude settings but only with OTG cable .
However, Litchi settings are overwritten by Dji settings although you can’t see it .
If I change settings in Litchi without OTG , they are changed in Go4 app too . So in practice , disconnect OTG cable , change settings in Wifi and connect OTG again .
Max altitude is set at 200 m and RTH 45 m because 30 m is about the height of a big tree .
But I allways totally close Dji Go4 even in background to avoid influencing each other.
Your a gent, next time I'm having a play I'll give it a go, also saw the select all way and select relitive to ground level as it's set by default to home, tried it in app today and it did increase the altitude to corispond with the varying Google earth sea levels... Thanks for your post, this site is great

Here's a good reference for topographical maps. You can zoom-in on your takeoff location and click on the Terrain icon at the bottom center and it will give you the elevation for that point. The map also displays the elevation lines and you can simply move the map around the cursor to see the elevation displayed in feet and meters along with Long/Lat . Many options here:

TopoView

Update: Conected via WiFi, boom! Able to change values, thanks for input Roland

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme