Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi and Spark and NFZ

Worldpeece

Join
May 27, 2017
Does the DJI Spark work with litchi and if it does will it allow the spark to fly in a red zone NFZ. (btw Im not gonna blow up anything I just wanna take pictures of my house:))

That doesnt answer my question of "Will it allow my spark to fly in a NFZ"
Sorry...thought maybe it answered the 1st part of your question which was, "Does the DJI Spark work with Litchi?"

But does Litichi help with NFZs
I copied the below form the DJI forum:

If you try connecting litchi to spark, the camera will show up, however, you cannot takeoff. I tried to work around this with a palm launch, but if you try to control it with Litchi after that, it will fly away. I got lucky, I grabbed mine before it got too far.

That doesnt answer my question of "Will it allow my spark to fly in a NFZ"

Maybe? that's not the answer you wanted or asked for but here's my experience, had my sparks a year old, NEVER updated, get these messages all the time, , to update, I just delete them , my spark will fly anywhere with litchi. some think they are required to up date, I never did, never had a problem, spark flies fine wherever I take it. once in a while it will signal me to calibrate the campus, witch I do.
Some spark owners begin to have a lot of problems after up dating.
lots of luck

But does Litichi help with NFZs
Don't take this as the gospel, but I believe that the firmware also has something to do with preventing your bird from taking off. So if the latest Fly Safe database on your bird says no-go, then it will probably not take off, whether you use Litchi or not. To circumvent that I would suggest rolling back the FW on the bird until you are able to take off with Litchi (which seems to be working for @melvonnar who has never updated his - LOL), or use NLD to remove the NFZ restriction (I think they support it on version .0900 for Spark) and you should be good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme