Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi and Waypoint Missions and Speed and obstacles avoidance

Join
Dec 16, 2017
What speed are you getting when you set cruising speed to 30 kph?
I got max 19 kph with OA on. Is OA relevant for speed in Litchi missions?

The calculated mission duration is based on the cruising speed. This could be catastrophic for longer missions if speed is not reached. How do deal with this speed issue?

What max speed are you getting when using and not using OA..?

Not sure if I understand. But there are 3 settings.
Maximum speed. -- this is the setting the Spark will not exceed no matter the other settings.
Cruising speed -- this is the default speed if individual waypoint speed is not altered.
Waypoint- you set the speed you want the spark to go that only applies to that waypoint.

Note' when I first got the app the maximum speed was set too low. So I reset it up high.

But if you did all this, I guess I should go test because I didn't notice any problems with mine so far, but wasn't really looking that close either.

Looking into getting Litch, does the roll stabilization stop working durnig a Litchi mission if you exceed a certain speed like it does when you switch to sport mode ?

Also can you still control the speed of the Spark manually with the RC during a Litchi mission like you can during a waypoint mission with the modded app ?

Thanks !

Looking into getting Litch, does the roll stabilization stop working durnig a Litchi mission if you exceed a certain speed like it does when you switch to sport mode ?

Also can you still control the speed of the Spark manually with the RC during a Litchi mission like you can during a waypoint mission with the modded app ?

Thanks !
Sport-mode trigger FPV view on Spark. In P-GPS mode (normal) its "stabilized". This is initiated by firmware or whatever.
Litchi does not enter Sport-mode in missions, so its stabilized to a certain degree depending on speed and/or wind.
In Litchi mission settings you set cruising speed and max speed.
Crusing speed set at 25 kph and max speed set at 50 kph will give you the choice to adjust speed (up to max setting) in mission with your right stick.

Thanks, that's very helpful !
Interesting that Litchi maintains roll stabilization above the anemic max speed of P-Mode (18kph without obstacle avoidance ?)

Thanks, that's very helpful !
Interesting that Litchi maintains roll stabilization above the anemic max speed of P-Mode (18kph without obstacle avoidance ?)
Spark obstacle avoidance distance is 5 meter, no real protection over 10 kph. Dont ever trust it.

Litchi is worth every penny, it also gives you a couple of Mavic modes... like Home Lock and Course Lock.

Spark high speed

This is my favorite mode.."Cinematic".. from the modded app found on this forum.
Sadly Litchi doesnt include this mode.
Little Sparky can certainly control its gimbal at top speed.

Yes I turn off obstacle avoidance every time I remember to do it but then it gets turned on again automatically when you do a dronie...

I'd tried the Cinematic mode and thought it only made the turns/stops smoother, I didn't realize it kept roll stabilization in gave you the speed of the sports mode, thanks for the tip !

I have run several missions with OA on at 36kph and it works great. I can force other speed with right stick up to max speed and also down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast