Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Mission: trouble with gimbal control

Join
Mar 7, 2018
Loc
Ann Arbor MI
Hi I'm looking for some advice on this mission I've set up: Mission Hub - Litchi

At waypoint 1 I want the gimbal to move to -60 and stay there until wapoint 2, then interpolate up to -13 as it moves to waypoint 3. Problem is, the gimbal pitches to -60 at WP 1, but then stays that way for the entire mission. What am I doing wrong, any advice? Thanks!

I have had the same issues. Did you lose signal at any time? I have had the signal drop out for a 30 second stretch (sweaty palms). The mission continued autonomously, but I found that I had gimbal malfunctions during thst time. Luckily, she came back.

I did lose signal for awhile. I would have thought that gimbal pitch would be uploaded and work autonomously like the rest of the flight commands. From the video, it looks like everything else worked as programmed.

Bob. Have you done the Expo mod? If you slowed down the stock angular velocity of the yaw axis (can be adjusted in Asst2) Then it's possible to get laggy gimbal movement from one Poi to the next. I found this, and cured it by returning Yaw Angular Velocity to stock setting. But during my signal drop episode, I also had a gimbal angle wonkiness, in addition to really slow movement from one Poi to the next.

Bob. Have you done the Expo mod? If you slowed down the stock angular velocity of the yaw axis (can be adjusted in Asst2) Then it's possible to get laggy gimbal movement from one Poi to the next. I found this, and cured it by returning Yaw Angular Velocity to stock setting. But during my signal drop episode, I also had a gimbal angle wonkiness, in addition to really slow movement from one Poi to the next.

No I haven't, you have a link about this mod? To be clear though, the gimbal is not laggy at all, it just stays at -60 for the whole mission. Thanks!

Snipped from the net:
"Gimbal pitch auto adjust on interpolate mode only works when aircraft is within RC signal range."

No I haven't, you have a link about this mod? To be clear though, the gimbal is not laggy at all, it just stays at -60 for the whole mission. Thanks!
There is a previous post called " You asked for it, you got it..." All about slowing and smoothing the Spark's YAW axis, as well as getting your Spark into Atti Mode. Requires an old Version of DJI Assistant 2 (ver 1.12, ??) This was the last version that allows the owner to modify some of their own parameters. There are two videos associated with the post. If you modify your Expo (stock is 0.40), I recommend not going all the way to 0.10, as the author did.... My unit got twitchy. 0.15 worked well. I also slowed the Angular Yaw Velocity..... so for free hand shooting, the rate was very cinematic, but I suspect that is why Litchi seemed to always be slow to get yawed around to my next Poi. However, this is only a theory of mine. I'm thinking Litchi EXPECTS
a certain angular rate of yaw, but I throttled it down. Who knows?

Here is how to get into that mod mode:
I'm good with expo settings 0.08 on both YAW and ROLL.
That helps out a lot on sensitivity...but not rate.
Rate can be modified in the same area but getting into the remote settings.
There you can change the YAW rate to 30°/sec for P mode and 50°/sec for Sport mode.
Remember, ALL of those settings are slowed even more in Tripod mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe