Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi waypoints

flp

Join
Dec 22, 2018
New spark owner here.
I flew a ton of long litchi waypoint missions with my old phantom 3 standard (these missions would have loss connection, but the drone would complete the mission without difficulty)
For some reason I’m hesitating to try these missions on the spark where the drone will lose connection, maybe it’s because of the shorter battery life.

So has anyone done litchi lossed connection waypoint missions on the spark routinely?

Reactions: carpo_1985
Android here:
I've done Litchi missions with loss of connection.
It uploads the mission to Spark internal memory, so Spark is basically on it's own.
Headwind is dangerous, also too high speed for effective obstackle avoidance.
Do shorter missions to build confidence ..

Reactions: tmarez
When disconnected: gimbal-interpolation does NOT work. It stays at the last calculated angle until connected again.

Reactions: Betones
short missions say 3 foot ball feilds 1500 feet ... the spark is not meant for long distance flights it will b ut the transmission is spotty at best they shoulda implemented
freq hopping like spektrum does or just used custom transmitter freq but no they cheaped out on it

Any footage of the water tower? That would be neat to buzz.

Would that apply to the Gimbal Pitch when using Focus POI ?
I really dont know, but have heard buddies describe action like @Tribar.
If at WP1 you have action like gimbal pitch at 75°, and next WP has gimbal pitch action of...let say.. 15° (basically smooth tilt upwards from WP1 to WP2), you will need a solid RC-AC connection.
If I remember correctly, same goes for speed changes.

I think Focus POI do use a different algorithm..probably uploaded to drone upon startup. No idea infact, never had problem with POI's, even when lost connection.

Reactions: Betones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe