Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

live streaming?

Romy Mutuc

Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Laredo, TX
I had read in some articles that live streaming would not be possible due to the manner in which your phone connects (wifi) to the aircraft. Although a new DJI video shows that some live streaming feature.

Live stream is probably available when using a controller since the controller offloads the connectivity the phone would do. The phone just provides the wifi credentials for pairing and a screen to display video.

I guess we'll have to wait for someone with the drone and controller to give us confirmation one way or the other.

We will see. For those curious, the last 10 or so seconds is the part where it shows the live streaming portion.

Would be interesting if DJI adds 'dual screen' mode where a secondary device (paired like the goggles) would let someone else watch live video while pilot keeps primary control of drone and phone safely connected to controller.

Live stream works just fine with or without the controller. If you use the OTG adapter, and turn off Wi-Fi, the option will show up in the settings. It will use your 4g/LTE network or if you are connected to another Wi-Fi like your home network. Just log in and go for it. I can stream to Facebook and YouTube because I have accounts with them.

Would be interesting if DJI adds 'dual screen' mode where a secondary device (paired like the goggles) would let someone else watch live video while pilot keeps primary control of drone and phone safely connected to controller.
Do you mean like this using the CrystalSky's HDMI output to the DJI Goggles HDMI input.
IMG_0901.JPG

I use either my phones 4g/LTE data connection or of I'm at home, I'll let my phone connect to my Wi-Fi network and use the otg adapter. In the options, with the 3 dots, you'll see an option for live streaming. Pick your preferred platform and have at it.

It depends on your connection. My data is a little slow but when I'm home on my Wi-Fi, it's pretty good.

Reactions: ebo974

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme