Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looking to add strobe to drone, found this

41Flyer

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Clicking on a link off this site, I found a cool site that sells usb rechargeable mini strobe lights you can attach to many models of DJI Drones. While reading the site, I did see this line and was curious if someone has the reference link:

>>> This product is compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti-collision lights rules for drones. It's visible from at 3 miles away at night. <<<
Strobon Cree® Standalone is the brightest navigation strobe solution for enclosed drones like:

Does this mean the built in lights on the Spark are not enough to satisfy the rules? Granted, the red ones turn off for filming.

Last edited:
Does this mean the built in lights on the Spark are not enough to satisfy the rules?
That's correct. They cannot be seen from 3+ miles away.

Reactions: Colorado Grounded
Clicking on a link off this site, I found a cool site that sells usb rechargeable mini strobe lights you can attach to many models of DJI Drones. While reading the site, I did see this line and was curious if someone has the reference link:

>>> This product is compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti-collision lights rules for drones. It's visible from at 3 miles away at night. <<<
Strobon Cree® Standalone is the brightest navigation strobe solution for enclosed drones like:

Does this mean the built in lights on the Spark are not enough to satisfy the rules? Granted, the green ones turn off for filming.
Sorry but you're wrong, actually The Red ones turn off whilst filming & yes the onboard LED's are not meant to be seen from 3 miles away, the actual drone is mean only to be flown line of sight !!

I got one of those and mainly so I can see where it is when it is close to end of LOS. We don't have many helicopters or others manned aircraft around here that fly down to 400' but just in case... want to be safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme