Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loss of control/drone freezing in the air not moving

Faithley

Join
Dec 20, 2017
Good day

About 2 days ago while flying, my spark became non responsive, it just hovered in the air, it didn't lose signal cause it was just about 3meters up and i could see the live image the Camera was showing at that time. Nothing I did on my phone helped. I couldn't pitch the gimbal up or down and had lost total control over it. A few seconds later it descended then the djigo4 app asked to swipe to land, i swiped but nothing happened, it was still hovering just off the ground. when I canceled the landing it failed too, the aircraft just hovered and i couldn't land it, I had to take hold of it and tilt it to shut off the Motors. This happened to me twice on a single charge on two flights 2 min apart. I couldn't control the spark, every input i did on my phone the drone didn't respond to. Im using a mobile phone Huawei G8 i don't have a remote. Any answers would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

So there are a few questions... do you have blutooth on? any BT devices like watches, etc. nearby? How many successful flights have you had before with this same device? Which version of Go is it? What sort of environment were you flying in or around...

And I am sure someone will suggest you get the remote... I cant imagine flying without it personally.

It would be helpful to review the flight log too... can you upload to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help then paste the resulting URL back here?

Hi thanks for replying

I always put my phone on Flight mode so as not to get any calls while flying. Bluetooth is off and I don't take any Bluetooth dependant devices with me as I've read it can interfere with the signal. I've had allot of successful flights with my phone and drone with only one fly away but recovered the drone within a hour. Not sure exactly how many flights but I would say just under 100 flights. I'm using version 4.3.0 of the go4 app for android. I'm flying in a residential farming area with very little to no wifi interference. I've flown at that specific location quite often as it's my parents house. Unfortunately I can't afford a remote as I'm unenployed currently and don't think I'll ever afford one unless I sell my liver lol.

Also where would one locate the flight logs, I assume on the phone? But where on the phone and what's the folder called?

Thanks action for the reply I appreciate it

Well, the first one looks normal enough, but I see some red in the second. Whilst most will say its not necessary, have you thought about doing a re-calibration of compass/IMU ? It could not hurt.

Have you checked to see if your wifi is dropping out at these moments?

Definitely a mystery, hopefully some of the experts here can give a better Idea. Sorry to hear about the financial challenge... everyone should have the remote.

There's 3 logs 2 of them should be the right ones but I guess I took a wrong one. I've done both re-calibration of the compass and imu before taking off that day. It felt as if the drone was ignoring my inputs. I could see the love video feed my drone was seeing bit I couldn't control the modern of both the gimbal and drone itself

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme