Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loss Of Signal

irvine

Join
Dec 26, 2018
Recently had to send my Spark in for repair due to signal loss.had a reply from one unable to fix drone just said signal loss ????????.

Sent it to another company DJI dealer. Just had a reply today stating couldn't find any fault with firmware etc.

Had reply from a few Spark owners suggesting a complete factory reset, change of frequency from 5.8 to 2. 4. DJI suggested resetting firmware using DJI assistant 2 and the usual compass and change of locations.

What do my fellow Sparky owners say

Not sure what to say, I only lose the signal when I get around 4000 ft. I do know if flying close to a city other signals can and will interfere. Maybe try getting one of those signal parabolic antenna boosters, I seem to have better luck when I use mine while flying the spark.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Yes I have those antennas but never used them but will when I get my Sparky back. Regards Irvine

Reactions: Vader01
are you saying that you lose the signal and it doesn't come back? That has never happened to me..I lose the signal often but it has always come back. sometimes not until the Spark has started a return home. I usually think about climbing a little but I'm not sure that helps because..I might be improving my signal but I'm probably improving the interference signal also..what a dilemma :)

Hi thanks for your info had the answer from repair shop said couldn't find anything wrong. Probably pilot error going to ensure I do a full press flight check and make sure there are no metal objects around me including watch etc

Just to add to the thoughts..... I've occasionally lost signal as well. Where I fly there are lots of very tall trees and it is densely wooded. I was told by a tech years ago that trees, mainly the leaves, can bounce radio waves all over the place. Since I occasionally will fly it will be behind some trees, things can get crazy. Usually, I try to go up in altitude and that solves it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis