Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost spark - no gps

Enricone

Join
Jun 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Thanks for the good advice I am finding here!

Today I lost my spark on the sea.
Basically as soon as I took off the spark started to drift and when I tried to control it started to flying like crazy til it smashed against the cliff and dropped in the water.

I uploaded the screenshot of the flight log.

I am a beginner but I am quite disappointed, so I would like to know if any of you could tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks
Enricone

Attachments

• C2372432-D312-4AD5-8B77-2D5BFE921794.png
    C2372432-D312-4AD5-8B77-2D5BFE921794.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 70
Your screen shot indicates that you were in Atti-Mode, which means no GPS assist during the flight and was floating with the wind.

Did you have a Home Point established before launch?

And again after launch?

After powering up the Spark (motors OFF) you must wait for a GPS lock before launch and a Home Point.

Reactions: Enricone
Your screen shot indicates that you were in Atti-Mode, which means no GPS assist during the flight and was floating with the wind.

Did you have a Home Point established before launch?

And again after launch?

After powering up the Spark (motors OFF) you must wait for a GPS lock before launch and a Home Point.

On a second look, I see the HP in the timeline has been noted so somewhere during the flight you lost the GPS.

Do a search on this Forum on how to upload your flight logs for others to see and help you with your flight data.

Hi guys,

Basically as soon as I took off the spark started to drift and when I tried to control it started to flying like crazy til it smashed against the cliff and dropped in the water.

I am a beginner but I am quite disappointed, so I would like to know if any of you could tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks
Enricone

I had an experience of this and also lost my Drone. In my case the screen of the Ipad that used, initially blocked to the touch and then hung up and reconnected several times and probably I touched the button to land without wanting. Anyway I lost the Drone and I was not entitled to the guarantee.

I have seen this log viewer before but if I look in the log folder that is on the Micro SD card, the folder is empty. Would the flight logs be stored in my iPad Mini 4 instead?
Yes. On that page, click the instructions for Apple devices.

Yes. On that page, click the instructions for Apple devices.
Thank you very much for pointing that out. I was trying to find my flight logs through the file manager app. This is my first Apple product and I am still trying to learn my way around in it. I am not a fan of having to use the iTunes app to get around in the files but I guess I will have to get used to it. Thanks again for the information.

Reactions: ourakot
On a second look, I see the HP in the timeline has been noted so somewhere during the flight you lost the GPS.

Do a search on this Forum on how to upload your flight logs for others to see and help you with your flight data.

Thanks Spark 317 for the explanation. I also uploaded my log, in case it would give more info?
Cheers
Enricone

Attachments

• Last flight log.txt
    165.1 KB · Views: 18
Thanks Spark 317 for the explanation. I also uploaded my log, in case it would give more info?
Cheers
Enricone
From where did you get that log?
/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/DJI_FlightRecord...txt ? (android)

After 18 sec, it turn to ATTI mode. Your log file seems strange, like you never get any satellites at all.
Can you provide the original log file generated by the Go4 app?

After 18 sec, it turn to ATTI mode. Your log file seems strange, like you never get any satellites at all.
Can you provide the original log file generated by the Go4 app?

Thanks Dronason. I have attached the original TXT, hope it helps?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-15_[18-18-50].txt
    76.4 KB · Views: 8
Log is uploaded here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Sounds like there was issue with GPS. From the log it always says 0 satellite which is strange.
During the flight it switch to ATTI mode at about 18s. There should have been a message in the Go4 app and it would have been time to try to get manual control of it and land it.
There is no indication about the reason it went to ATTI mode.

Hi guys,

Thanks
Enricone

My Spark Flew away after 11 seconds of flight in a completely unobstructed and remote place. At 500 feet away the Drone dropped reception to the controller and just flew away at 35 MPH never to be seen again. It could have flew into a highway traffic, kids in a park, path of an airplane. DJI looked at the flight data and said because it was in ATTI mode it was totally my fault. I feel this is ridiculous. They refuse to answer these questions:
1) Even thought it was in ATTI why did it loose connection to my controller in a remote area with no RF interference or physical obstructions?
2) There are audible warnings about taking off, landing, low battery, etc. but if you are at such a risk of losing your Drone when unknowing it is in ATTI mode, why is there not a similar warning?
3) The area I was at had STRONG GPS signal which I tested, why will they not answer my question why the failure of the GPS was not the true problem. Search the GPS issues with Spark and see how many have had iGPS issues!
4) When the Drone lost connectivity to the controller, why did it not stop and hover as they said it should have done? I could have retrieved it had this happened.
I believe DJI should replace my Drone for 3 reasons:
a) GPS failure
b) Drone did not stop and hover when losing connectivity (thus could result in very dangerous consequences). Two DJI agents said it should have stopped by design.
c) Inadequate warnings when flying in a dangerous condition they call ATTI mode
I look forward to DJI answering these points

It does announce ATTI mode if I am not mistaken....
My Spark Flew away after 11 seconds of flight in a completely unobstructed and remote place. At 500 feet away the Drone dropped reception to the controller and just flew away at 35 MPH never to be seen again. It could have flew into a highway traffic, kids in a park, path of an airplane. DJI looked at the flight data and said because it was in ATTI mode it was totally my fault. I feel this is ridiculous. They refuse to answer these questions:
1) Even thought it was in ATTI why did it loose connection to my controller in a remote area with no RF interference or physical obstructions?
2) There are audible warnings about taking off, landing, low battery, etc. but if you are at such a risk of losing your Drone when unknowing it is in ATTI mode, why is there not a similar warning?
3) The area I was at had STRONG GPS signal which I tested, why will they not answer my question why the failure of the GPS was not the true problem. Search the GPS issues with Spark and see how many have had iGPS issues!
4) When the Drone lost connectivity to the controller, why did it not stop and hover as they said it should have done? I could have retrieved it had this happened.
a) GPS failure
b) Drone did not stop and hover when losing connectivity (thus could result in very dangerous consequences). Two DJI agents said it should have stopped by design.

Can you upload your flight logs and we can all take a look....use this link... instructions are there too

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

a) GPS failure
welcome to dji support

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar