Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Love my Spark

Lastrexking

Join
Jun 2, 2017
Loc
Yorkshire
Most of the threads here and elsewhere are related to failings or problems with the Spark. (That's not a criticism, and it's good that people have a place to air their problems and get some help).

So, I wanted to big it up. I'm really happy with my Spark. I've had zero issues with it, and it performs as I'd hoped.

I've had a lot if drones. Started with little Hubsans, then a few years ago got myself a Phantom FC40. It was big cumbersome, hard to get around. I gave up for a while, then this year got a Yuneeq Breeze. Awful quad. The last firmware update ruined it.

So, what a breath of fresh air the Spark is. The size is perfect. I like to get jbto the great outdoors and shoot photos, and videos. So, small is good. The size doesn't mean the features are lacking though. This thing gets great footage. I'm so excited to get out more and film with this thing.

It's taken a while, but drones have finally got to a point that makes them practical.

Ive only flown one flight on my Spark so far but so far so good! I updated it last night to the latest firmware and later app. All is seemingly well.

Same here, some issue at start with Gesture and still now with the video on/off but nothing critical.

Reactions: vash_km
When my Spark lost connection (pilot error) on my second flight and it came back home. I knew it was meant to be.

Same here, some issue at start with Gesture and still now with the video on/off but nothing critical.

I've not really tried gesture mode - it's not something I think I'll ever use either.

I think as with all things in life you are going to get problems from time to time, its the nature of the beast. Hopefully these can be mostly ironed out.

Most of the threads here and elsewhere are related to failings or problems with the Spark. (That's not a criticism, and it's good that people have a place to air their problems and get some help).

So, I wanted to big it up. I'm really happy with my Spark. I've had zero issues with it, and it performs as I'd hoped.

I've had a lot if drones. Started with little Hubsans, then a few years ago got myself a Phantom FC40. It was big cumbersome, hard to get around. I gave up for a while, then this year got a Yuneeq Breeze. Awful quad. The last firmware update ruined it.

So, what a breath of fresh air the Spark is. The size is perfect. I like to get jbto the great outdoors and shoot photos, and videos. So, small is good. The size doesn't mean the features are lacking though. This thing gets great footage. I'm so excited to get out more and film with this thing.

It's taken a while, but drones have finally got to a point that makes them practical.
Hi mate, just bought my spark, need some tips to start up, im new with flying drones hows the best way to start flying? Any tios will be gret

Same here, haven’t had a single problem aside from a frustrating update. This thing flies like a champ and is surprising stable in a decent amount of wind (for its size).

Hi mate, just bought my spark, need some tips to start up, im new with flying drones hows the best way to start flying? Any tios will be gret
Hi Sparky
Place the spark on the ground ( camera facing away from yourself).Use the auto takeoff function and let it hover infront of you. Now using the right stick only ,gently move the spark forward and backwards ,left and right.get a feel for it.
Once your comfortable with it would turn it 45 degrees left and right using the left stick,and again forwards and backwards etc. Again once your confident turn it a little more and keep repeating the movements.
When you eventually get it right round so the camera is facing you the controls will feel reversed( away from you is stick back etc) just imaging the spark as a spinning plate on a stick ,move the right stick to "prop" it up.(or alternatively follow the drone with the stick.)
Use auto land!

Dont panic if you lose orientation just let go of the sticks and allow the spark to hover till you have gathered your thoughts,cleaned yourself up etc

Reactions: Sparky786

Don't rush. Start with take off and landing. Keep it simple. Try one new thing a day.
Make sure you have gps lock before flying, and return to home is locked in. Definitely leave beginner mode on.

Some of the guys here have posted check lists. I'd look them up as they're handy.

Don't rush. Start with take off and landing. Keep it simple. Try one new thing a day.
Make sure you have gps lock before flying, and return to home is locked in. Definitely leave beginner mode on.

Some of the guys here have posted check lists. I'd look them up as they're handy.
Thank you so much

Reactions: Lastrexking
Hi Sparky
Place the spark on the ground ( camera facing away from yourself).Use the auto takeoff function and let it hover infront of you. Now using the right stick only ,gently move the spark forward and backwards ,left and right.get a feel for it.
Once your comfortable with it would turn it 45 degrees left and right using the left stick,and again forwards and backwards etc. Again once your confident turn it a little more and keep repeating the movements.
When you eventually get it right round so the camera is facing you the controls will feel reversed( away from you is stick back etc) just imaging the spark as a spinning plate on a stick ,move the right stick to "prop" it up.(or alternatively follow the drone with the stick.)
Use auto land!

Dont panic if you lose orientation just let go of the sticks and allow the spark to hover till you have gathered your thoughts,cleaned yourself up etc
Thanks boggy so helpfull, if u know of any insurance i can take out ppz let me know

Most of the threads here and elsewhere are related to failings or problems with the Spark. .... So, I wanted to big it up. I'm really happy with my Spark. I've had zero issues with it, and it performs as I'd hoped. ..... So, what a breath of fresh air the Spark is. The size is perfect. I like to get jbto the great outdoors and shoot photos, and videos. So, small is good. The size doesn't mean the features are lacking though. This thing gets great footage. I'm so excited to get out more and film with this thing. .... It's taken a while, but drones have finally got to a point that makes them practical.

From Denver Colorado-I totally agree. I don't view Spark as a toy, but a great tool in the camera bag. Learning more each day. Love flying it. Got me interested in RC flight since one of the legal place to fly it was at the local RC field. Lots of fantastic planes and helis flown there. Have fun!

Reactions: Lastrexking
;)Or you could do what everybody else do get it out of the box, download all the latest frameware, them start it up then see how high it goes, then see how far it goes, then start moaning, it's what a lot of people do on here, I just use mine to see what the neighbours are up to. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis