Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Manually select frequency band with RC

I just did 1600m@100m ALtitude (CE, 2,4G, Antenna Mod 2 x APA-M25).
But that was pushing it, got disconnect and had to wait for RTH.
But it was quite fluid & responsive up to 1000m@100m and totally carefree up to 500m (even at 5m Altitude).
THATS fine for me.
Up to 1000m i had similar results with cheap & sleep looking Dual Band Omini Antennae.
So those wil be my daily usage Antenna and i will only pull out the APA if in need.

Problem is: WHen the SPark has a disconnect that stupid DJI Firmware seaches freqs again and falls back to 5.8G. NO WAY of getting a reconnect az 1600m distance on 5.8G !
So it has to come back to 400m or so before i was able to reconnect, GRRR.
As we all agree, DJI has to allow LOCK to 2.4G...

Ender
Agree, impressive.
I guess this was with OTG?

@Ender, if you get a working solution for the sms connection can u send me the .stl please?...first thing I'm going to do is rip the controller apart and fix the CE range issue:)

Yes, of course i will share it with the community. But i'llneed to find the time, i am a losy & slow 3D Designer ;-)

Ender

put Smartdevice in flightmode and connect USB to remote. DJI GO will connect to the Spark and it IS and STAYS in 2.4G.
When you say "flightmode" do you mean "airplane mode" as if to say turn off Wi-Fi, bluetooth, and data?

YES, real flightmode.
By now there are App modifications for Android "out there" that fantastically enabled WiFi Menu even while connected via USB OTG. So with those versions you just wait until controller is "green" THEN plug in USB, go to WiFi symbol and choose e.g. channel 6. After ackowledginf with "OK" it takes 2 secs and you are on 2,4G :) PERFECT.

Ender

Hi Gyus, new to the forum (and the spark) and already really impressed :)

First of all thank you, Ender! the 5.8GHz were bothering me on my very first flight :mad:

But I got the next problem on hand: before connecting my phone with the remote via OTG, I'm supposed to switch to 2.4GHz. But there is nothing happening in the first place. I can hit 2.4 and then hit APPLY, but it doesn't even tell me, the connection will be lost, or anything. Simply nothing is happening.

And now what?

You need to select 2.4ghz and then select a channel and then hit apply..

Just a quick shout out to @Ender for helping me decide to upgrade my antenna and answering my incessant questions! I've only tried one flight so far but easily got to 2,500 feet on 2.4ghz CE with 2 bars left. This is with 2 cheap 8dbi antenna. :)

20170826_162604_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Coould you please publish details on antennas thpe, supplier, way to mod the RC and so on.
Thanks

Thanks again Nils.. Got to 3,500 feet this evening, solid signal all the way and still going strong before turning back. :D

Just a quick shout out to @Ender for helping me decide to upgrade my antenna and answering my incessant questions! I've only tried one flight so far but easily got to 2,500 feet on 2.4ghz CE with 2 bars left. This is with 2 cheap 8dbi antenna. :)

View attachment 1090

Love the remote skin!

Those are awesome!!!

Also your multi wood species wood table is sweet too!

Reactions: Peter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit