Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Mini vs. Spark

After having and using both Spark & Mini. The Mini is not a replacement for Spark, as much I had desired. The Spark offers more in performance, features and 3rd party apps.
(For now... that may improve)

That said, I do like the little Mini for it's own merits! No regrets on purchase. Great little flyer, and camera is actually pretty good! It's cinematic mode is very smooth.

Another major difference, overall strength is much greater on Spark. I played with the Mini the other evening... mid-20's F, brisk 12mph winds. My goal was to just buzz it around in sport mode similar to how the Spark was enjoyed. I caught a tree twig on one instance and while landing on the top of the neighborhood mail cluster about 1/2 a block away... took a small fall to ground.

Both these impacts did a little damage and shoved the body panels out of fit and required removing a few screws and realigning the panels. Not a major or anything broken, just popped the panels out of their inner locking tabs.

Prop Change:
The two hits also destroyed the props, requiring replacing. This was a little detailed for my big hands. The little screws have lock tight on threads. New props include new screws with dried lock tight. The screws have little shoulder stops to insure against over tightening.

The issue I found on 1st screw, then more aware on the other 7 screws. The new screws are very easy to start slightly off center with the dried on lock tight in the micro small threads; causing the shoulder to not be squarely hit. Backing screw off after starting and then retighting insures they go on square.

You'll notice this if you reference the prop play prior to removing old prop. If any more play, indicates the shoulder is not resting square.

I no longer have a Spark, and will consider a 2nd one. But I'll wait until after I receive the Skydio 2... that may be a new primary for me.

Last edited:
Photo taken on my Spark I have the Mavic Platinum as well. Next week my mavic mini will arrive so truthfully I have the best of both worlds. Will have some videos and photos taken on the mini thats when the weather is better. It’s utter xxap now here in Portsmouth UK

I did the unthinkable. I sold my Spark Flymore and placed an order for a MM. I sold it to a local enthusiast who will hopefully get many smiles from it. I admit, ol' Sparky had a close spot in my droning heart.

I had the Spark and a Mavic Pro in my kit, with 26 combined logged flight hours. Because of my fondness for Sparky, it had 75% of those hours. With the small size, Spark was perfect for the backpack on hiking / camping trips, weekend getaway, etc.

Hoping the MM brings me the same joy. Looking forward to the 3 axis gimble and the increased flight time. The lack of pro camera capability and pano shots are a downer, but I had the itch for something different.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Maybe the surprise was in spending $25 on an app that doesn't work :eek:

Litchi says they're waiting for the release of the SDK for the DJI Fly app to build a version for the Mini.

Maybe the surprise was in spending $25 on an app that doesn't work :eek:

Litchi says they're waiting for the release of the SDK for the DJI Fly app to build a version for the Mini.
Sorry guys, didn't realize and A*s u me'd. I guess that explains why DroneDeploy is stuck. I guess we will have to pass for now.

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe