Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Maximum speed for the DJI Spark

kenai

Join
Feb 17, 2019
New flyer with the Spark, just need some tips on getting the maximum speed performance from the drone. Thanks!

And don’t go too far away. If the battery gives a low power warning and the drone is 1/2 mile or more downwind it probably won’t have enough juice to fight its way back to you against the wind.
Maybe take it upwind first before your speed run.
Be careful and fly safe.
NB

Always keep it in sight full stop and especially in Sport. I flew with the wind (30mph) yesterday and boy did it take some stopping. Only dared to hit 27mph so a bit of a wimp. There were people around so I did not want to go anywhere near them.

It is awesome when you open it up.
Here is a manual flight I did:

Every now and then I'll hit 31mph but it only lasts a second or two and then drops to between 28 or 29mph. How are you able to maintain 32+mph in different directions (assuming wind was minimal) - is it the altitude your flying or did you do any mod to the speed functions? Is there something of on mine that I should check to get better speed when full throttle?

Reactions: pmshop
Every now and then I'll hit 31mph but it only lasts a second or two and then drops to between 28 or 29mph. How are you able to maintain 32+mph in different directions (assuming wind was minimal) - is it the altitude your flying or did you do any mod to the speed functions? Is there something of on mine that I should check to get better speed when full throttle?

32 maintained might be flying with the wind.
Plus, it is all dependent on accurate logging.

The Spark is made to be a stable photographic drone. If you are interested in speed flying then I would suggest a racing drone with a low latency FPV. I use sport mode to get to and from a location of a photo shoot staying within VLOS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh