Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Micro SD Card becoming read only after use in DJI Spark

cowznofsky

Join
Sep 27, 2021
I have been using PNY 16G micro sd card for a couple of years. Suddenly they become read-only once I try to use them in my DJI Spark. I took some footage one day, and the next day, without taking the card out, I took some more. Then I discovered that the last day's coverage did not make it to the card. The card shows up as Read-Only when I put it in a micro sd slot on the computer. I tried another card, and successfully deleted some files using the computer. Then I went out today and took some footage. Came back and put it in the computer and it says Read-Only. I have no idea what is happening, and of course if I used an adapter it has a lock switch, but the micro does not and I am baffled.

What type of computer and version of your operating system are you using?

Two actually, I used an Imac and renamed and deleted files on the card, and then when I re-inserted I found that nothing had actually happened (there was no indication that the card was read-only). I also used a chomebook, and when the card is inserted it has a message that indicates the card is read-only. Today I first successfully deleted some files from a card using the chromebook and went out to take some pictures, but when I got back I saw that the card was read-only. This was the 3rd card where this happened in the past few days. I guess I could try refreshing the firmware.

Try formatting the card with the iMac in ExFat or try reformatting the card with the Spark. I had an issue with my Mavic Air1 that the card could not be read by the MacBook. I had to use the USB cord to connect to the drone with the card in it. However reformatting the card to a ExFat format cured the issue.

Thanks for the replies. I tried re-formatting both in the drone and on the IMac, but each time it completes with no issue, and when I re-insert the card it is unchanged, with all the original flles intact. Also, I am having difficulty finding a way to refresh the firmware, as the links on the DJI site seem to be gone for the Spark as it's no longer in production. (It seems that I need a DJI Assistant app specific to the Spark)

So, I had 3 PNY cards (which I have used for a couple of years) that all bricked. I went out and got a SanDisk card just to experiment and it seems to work so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme