Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SD Card Problems

elshagon

Join
Dec 31, 2018
I've been troubleshooting problems with my SD cards for weeks now and if anyone can think of anything I haven't tried please feel free. The SD cards go in fine and eject fine. I received an SD card error when I powered on my Spark so I tried to format it within the drone and it would not format. My pc then would no longer read the SD card as well. Here's the things I've tried to troubleshoot the problem:

1. I've tried multiple pc's to read the card and even bought a separate SD card reader but it won't read it
2. I've tried to format it in the drone and pc and it won't format it or even recognize there's anything there
3. I've tried 3 different cards and had the same results, using the Spark will corrupt/break the SD cards
4. I've tried 3 different software programs to try and view, recover or format the cards to no avail

So now I have 3 micro SD cards which don't work any longer. I think I've ruled out it being a problem with type of SD card as I used 3 different cards all which are good cards (Samsung, Sandisk). I've ruled out the computer and readers as I used multiple pc's and readers. I can't format or even recognize their being a card. The last card I tried recorded video on one flight and I transferred it over using the DJI app on the phone but the next time I flew the card broke/failed. My best guess is there's something wrong with the drone's card reader slot which is destroying the SD cards. Any ideas?

insert your SD card in an android phone and format it using the formatting option . That worked for me. I never format an SD card with a PC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh