Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Midwest Sunset

nice, picture where was that taken at?

Reactions: RPL
Very nice - I've just started playing with AEB pictures in photoshop elements and learning about it. Amazing what you can do with the Spark.

I’d be very proud of that shot. Does rule of thirds apply if so which would be your two thirds and which your one third?
I kinda think that the rule of thirds as more of a plan for the 1st shots. Followed by ruleless shots that can be pretty darn good.

I’d be very proud of that shot. Does rule of thirds apply if so which would be your two thirds and which your one third?
As an avid photographer (outside of drone flying), I use my eyes and instincts to determine the best composition for a shot. The rule of thirds is something I focus more on if/when I have structural or geographical factors in my shots. Otherwise, I take 99% of my pictures with an end-product in mind, that is more centered on post-processing and editing.

In this picture, I made sure not to line up the sun directly in the middle of the shot. If you look closely, you’ll see that the sun slightly left of the center of the frame. Mind you, shots from the sky are going to be composed completely different than ground level shots. Below, is another sunset picture I took with my nice DSLR. As you can see, in this picture I tried to bring in more foreground, mid-ground and background (the sky). 065988D2-9300-443D-A767-8B0EB5ABD979.jpeg

Very nice - I've just started playing with AEB pictures in photoshop elements and learning about it. Amazing what you can do with the Spark.
Yes, the Spark does quite well for only being able to shoot JPEG. I take all of my Spark photos in AEB mode. This allows me to capitalize on (and work with) 3 different exposures. Otherwise, the pictures are often over saturated and mediocre.

Yes, the Spark does quite well for only being able to shoot JPEG. I take all of my Spark photos in AEB mode. This allows me to capitalize on (and work with) 3 different exposures. Otherwise, the pictures are often over saturated and mediocre.
You are right. I too realised this very late but AEB is a game changer for taking photos with the Spark. I now make sure I take all photos in AEB mode.

Another tip I would add is to purchase Lightroom. It sets the bar in regards to properly processing and fine-tuning your pictures.

Reactions: Chipchop
Another tip I would add is to purchase Lightroom. It sets the bar in regards to properly processing and fine-tuning your pictures.
I checked on Lightroom this morning and it looks like there is the newest version which is subscription based and it looks like the last standalone version (#6) is still available at B&H Photo for $150+. I tried a free version (limited features) on my android tablet and am impressed. I'd still like to have it on my desktop cpu for ease of use and better clarity, though.

Are you using the subscription based version or standalone? I wouldn't use it enough to spring for the subscription version. Any idea where to get the standalone version cheaper?

I checked on Lightroom this morning and it looks like there is the newest version which is subscription based and it looks like the last standalone version (#6) is still available at B&H Photo for $150+. I tried a free version (limited features) on my android tablet and am impressed. I'd still like to have it on my desktop cpu for ease of use and better clarity, though.

Are you using the subscription based version or standalone? I wouldn't use it enough to spring for the subscription version. Any idea where to get the standalone version cheaper?
There should be an option for a monthly subscription. I believe I pay $10 a month. Well worth it if you’re serious about producing and creating professional looking photos. I use it for my clients, as well as for my personal photography.

There should be an option for a monthly subscription. I believe I pay $10 a month. Well worth it if you’re serious about producing and creating professional looking photos. I use it for my clients, as well as for my personal photography.
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to stay away from a subscription, though as I'm just an amateur and would probably only use something like this on a few photos infrequently. I did a little searching on Reddit and have seen Luminar 3 recommended as a standalone alternative in several places. It's also on sale for $60 through July 10. If I decide to go for that one, I'll play with it for a time and post results with it in the future. Thanks again.

You can also use/download GIMP. It’s free, and does a nice job. It’s really easy to use.

Reactions: Chipchop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar