Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mini Palm Landing Pad

Ralle

Join
Aug 7, 2019
Have experience with the landing platform. Will this go to normal hand landing. I fear my fingers.

Attachments

• Mini-Palm-Landing-Pad-Landing-Field-Parking-Apron-for-For-Spark-Camera-Drone-Accessories.jpg
    Mini-Palm-Landing-Pad-Landing-Field-Parking-Apron-for-For-Spark-Camera-Drone-Accessories.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 60
Here is a YouTube video from Peter Homer reviewing the product.

He has good reviews on other accessories for the Spark and other products.

I hand launch / land my Spark but I don't use an open palm, more like holding a paper airplane or dart, and capturing the Spark on the sides.

Reactions: Ralle and RotorWash
Looks like something that could easily be made in many ways. My first thought is a small plastic cutting board from the Dollar store. ;)

Reactions: Ralle
I too grab it with thumb and fore-fingers. It's too tricky to land it on my palm. Does the mini also kill the motors when tipped at 90 degrees like the Spark?

The Spark has a motor fail safe built in that if it tilts 90 degrees, the props will shut down.

I don't think it's in the manual and I don't think DJI recommends shutting off the Spark in that matter, but YouTubers show that it can be done.

I did it once and wasn't thrilled about it.

The Spark fights the tilt as you are turning it and you can feel the torque of the motors.

Trying to flip the Spark and hold on to it may result in a crashed Spark if your fingers happen to hit the battery tabs or you lose grip.

I'll go ahead and hold the left stick down for 5 seconds to ensure proper shut down.

The Spark has a motor fail safe built in that if it tilts 90 degrees, the props will shut down.

I don't think it's in the manual and I don't think DJI recommends shutting off the Spark in that matter, but YouTubers show that it can be done.

I did it once and wasn't thrilled about it.

The Spark fights the tilt as you are turning it and you can feel the torque of the motors.

Trying to flip the Spark and hold on to it may result in a crashed Spark if your fingers happen to hit the battery tabs or you lose grip.

I'll go ahead and hold the left stick down for 5 seconds to ensure proper shut down.

thank you

Reactions: Spark 317
I own a bunch of accessories for my Spark that I never use. This seems like one of those...

I launch and land via palm. Once you get used to it...it’s pretty quick and easy. Also, as mentioned, once Spark lands in your palm, hold left stick down 3 to 5 seconds to kill the motors.

I fly over me, hit the "Land" icon on the remote, and when it comes down I reach out. It slows down when it "sees" my hand, I grab ahold, and it immediately shuts the props off. Why try to balance it on a small plate?

Reactions: Ralle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers