Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

missing footage

free_dreeazy

Join
Jun 20, 2022
For some reason when I took a video and some pictures I took the sd card out and put it in my laptop and only half of the pictures stored on the sd card but if i look in the app i can see the videos and pictures im missing. Also when I try to download the original video or picture it says file not found. Pls help Thanks!!!

Odd.
If it was just one video, I'd ask if you forget to end recording before shutting down.
Happens a lot to newer drone pilots, but an easy fix usually (you put the card back in, fire up the drone, and usually the last missing video will be saved to the card then).

But vids and pics missing in higher numbers makes this scenario less likely to be the problem.

You've been using the microSD card successfully before this ?
It's a good quality, high speed card as recommended by DJI , or higher specs ?

Oh, welcome to the forum too.
Pretty quiet here now the Spark is becoming less and less used by pilots, so obsolete now.
Still, many still love them, they are an exceptionally good little drone for their time, and a lot of fun to fly still.

Reactions: free_dreeazy
Try plugging your Spark directly into the computer to see if the video may be stored on the Spark internal storage. A possibility.

Try plugging your Spark directly into the computer to see if the video may be stored on the Spark internal storage. A possibility.
I think that may be the case but i turned the spark on and connected to my laptop and I cant find the device for some reason. I know the chord works because I use it to charge all the time but maybe i need a specific one that can transfer data.

Odd.
If it was just one video, I'd ask if you forget to end recording before shutting down.
Happens a lot to newer drone pilots, but an easy fix usually (you put the card back in, fire up the drone, and usually the last missing video will be saved to the card then).

But vids and pics missing in higher numbers makes this scenario less likely to be the problem.

You've been using the microSD card successfully before this ?
It's a good quality, high speed card as recommended by DJI , or higher specs ?

Oh, welcome to the forum too.
Pretty quiet here now the Spark is becoming less and less used by pilots, so obsolete now.
Still, many still love them, they are an exceptionally good little drone for their time, and a lot of fun to fly still.
Yes. I have used it many times and it always comes out great but for some reason this time I can't get some of the pictures and video to download onto the sd card. Yeah not too many people have the spark these days, but im a beginner pilot so this one is nice to use.

Yes. I have used it many times and it always comes out great but for some reason this time I can't get some of the pictures and video to download onto the sd card. Yeah not too many people have the spark these days, but im a beginner pilot so this one is nice to use.

In the app (Go4 when viewing photos / videos, can you download any of those files by wifi ?
I pretty much always do this for all photos, most video (short clips) while packing up, often landing with 25% battery or so.
It's a bit slower but works for me every time.

All I can suggest next is checking contacts on the mSD card if it's older, clean in there, no dust etc ?
Push in / out a few times, but if still a problem, maybe try another card as a precaution.
They can and do fail, though usually fairly rare . . . I've never had one fail me.

The cached images / video are on the viewing device cache storage, so it's possible just a microSD issue.
Best to eliminate that possibility as a cheap-ish possible fix.

Without knowing the background of the Spark (2nd hand, past heavy use) etc, it's possible some sort of hardware failure is starting to occur.

When you connect your turned on Spark to the computer, it should show up as a separate drive. If it doesn't, you need to ensure your connection is set up for ftp (file transfer protocol).

I agree with Northwood Media.
SD cards degenerate over time It's probably coming to the end of its life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme