Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mobile app for 2d / 3d mapping?

fuji91

Join
Nov 30, 2018
Hi all,

I'm testing some mapping stuff with my DJI spark to create my own satellite images. I use WEBodm (open source) to stitch all the manual taken pictures together.
I'm looking for an app now to automate taking the pictures in the air. I tried Drone Deploy and DJI GS (both on Android and iOS devices), but they don't support the Spark.
Does anyone know an app to fly and take pictures automatic? The app has to be set the waipoints automatically and calculate how much pictures are needed to get enough overlap.

Regards,

Hi all,

I'm testing some mapping stuff with my DJI spark to create my own satellite images. I use WEBodm (open source) to stitch all the manual taken pictures together.
I'm looking for an app now to automate taking the pictures in the air. I tried Drone Deploy and DJI GS (both on Android and iOS devices), but they don't support the Spark.
Does anyone know an app to fly and take pictures automatic? The app has to be set the waipoints automatically and calculate how much pictures are needed to get enough overlap.

Regards,

Since only a satellite can take "satellite images" I'll have to assume you are referring to 2-D ground mapping.

Drone Harmony does this and supports the Spark

There are several other options such as DJI Flight Planner which work in conjunction with other apps (Litchi + Microsoft ICE) to create similar results.

The MavicPilots Forum has an informative thread on the topic. You just need to follow the links to see which solution satisfies your needs and supports your drone.

Many options out there -- if you are motivated to get into mapping there's an active community doing it.

Can anyone confirm if buying a license for the Pix4DCapture app will unlock mission types other than the "free flight mission" which seems to be the only thing available for Spark? I suspect not, because if I go into the app settings and change my drone type to, say Mavic pro, those other mission types become available (though not usable if I switch back to Spark after creating a mission).

You can try 3d survey pilot, its available to spark on grid mission.
Difference between ios and android, using ios you can save multiple plan mission while on android no save option.

Reactions: basily
Hi all,

Regards,
Drone Link and Drone Harmony. I'm currently using Drone Harmony trial. It works seamlessly. In it you can choose your overlap, and flight elevation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme