Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Motorola G7 power compatibility

Join
Oct 17, 2019
Hi all, I've searched but cannot find a definitive answer. Is anyone using or has used a Motorola G7 power with the spark? I prefer to use wifi connection to my controller and only control it with separate controller and not the phone. Thank you in anticipation.

Reactions: Mark Waco
I looked at the Device compatibility list which claims to be updated daily, but did not see the G7 as the Motorola models shown only go to the G6. Unless someone with knowledge of it chimes in, the only way to know for sure is to try it, assuming you have one and aren't asking to make a purchase decision. It is preferable to connect the phone to the RC by OTG cable to reduce the problem of conflicts that could arise with two WiFi signals (phone-to-RC, RC-to-drone). Sorry I couldn't offer more substantial assistance.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Many thanks. I looked at the list as well and didn't see it so wondered if anyone had tried a G7 power as my Moto e4 isn't on the list but works a treat! Thank you for the information on the otg connection, is this approved by DJI yet? I much prefer a hardwire connection but have not used otg yet and have read about people having problems connecting. I guess that all the phones on the DJI approved list will work with otg? Anyone with an android phone, connected by otg and working well with the spark please let me know the model. I'm in the UK and in the market for a new phone. I want a large screen that will fit the controller without modding and a decent spec phone but don't want to break the bank!!

Reactions: nilanjan118
My daily-use cell phone is an LG V20, which I had read was not working reliably with Go 4, but I also have a Samsung S6 Edge+ that I have dedicated to the Spark. DJI had issues with OTG for awhile, but support for OTG was enabled with v4.2.12 and I have had no issues with S6 Edge+ connected to RC with OTG. Its' been rock solid.

I'm not an Apple guy, but a lot of users here have the Apple iPad Mini 4 and are very happy with it (again, with OTG). I've also been able to use the OTG configuration with an older Lenovo Tab 2 tablet with my RC/Spark. It's a slower processor, but does work although with a little less clarity than the Samsung. Using OTG, you should put your phone in Airplane mode to eliminate interruptions from calls and other WiFi. I think you'll enjoy better video and probably even increased range if it works out as well for you as reported by others.

Many thanks. I looked at the list as well and didn't see it so wondered if anyone had tried a G7 power as my Moto e4 isn't on the list but works a treat! Thank you for the information on the otg connection, is this approved by DJI yet? I much prefer a hardwire connection but have not used otg yet and have read about people having problems connecting. I guess that all the phones on the DJI approved list will work with otg? Anyone with an android phone, connected by otg and working well with the spark please let me know the model. I'm in the UK and in the market for a new phone. I want a large screen that will fit the controller without modding and a decent spec phone but don't want to break the bank!!

Having used a non "DJI approved" android device for over a year now (Moto E4 plus), I can say that you need not fret over whether a phone/tablet is DJI approved/recommended or not. DJI approved only means that DJI has tested that device themselves. It doesn't mean that a device which is not listed won't work with your drone. I think what @I B Spectre was mentioning above was this list prepared by @msinger . You can find a lot more devices on this list compared to the DJI list.

My daily-use cell phone is an LG V20, which I had read was not working reliably with Go 4, but I also have a Samsung S6 Edge+ that I have dedicated to the Spark. DJI had issues with OTG for awhile, but support for OTG was enabled with v4.2.12 and I have had no issues with S6 Edge+ connected to RC with OTG. Its' been rock solid.

I'm not an Apple guy, but a lot of users here have the Apple iPad Mini 4 and are very happy with it (again, with OTG). I've also been able to use the OTG configuration with an older Lenovo Tab 2 tablet with my RC/Spark. It's a slower processor, but does work although with a little less clarity than the Samsung. Using OTG, you should put your phone in Airplane mode to eliminate interruptions from calls and other WiFi. I think you'll enjoy better video and probably even increased range if it works out as well for you as reported by others.
Thanks for your reply. The Samsung edge + could be my answer. I like the Idea of carrying as little items as possible with the spark so a phone that would double up as a monitor would be my preferred way to go. I have a dedicated pad with my inspire and a suitcase full of gear but sparky comes into its own for trekking missions and fast deployment and the less I have to carry the better! I will definitely try the OTG route.

Hi all, I've searched but cannot find a definitive answer. Is anyone using or has used a Motorola G7 power with the spark? I prefer to use wifi connection to my controller and only control it with separate controller and not the phone. Thank you in anticipation.
I do and have no problems at all.
I also fly a Tello with fpv, Holy Stone HS700.
Have fun, I do.
I have start using my 10in fire to see all better, I also have a hood for both on sunny days. Note in Texas it gets hot, I found out if temps go over 100f take all protected cases off to avoid overheating. I don't fly if over 102f the phone warms up and the tablet reloads often.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme