Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Moving gimble to point forward

NZBloke

Join
Dec 30, 2017
Got our spark yesterday. All set up and flying well. Just wondering though, how do we get the gimble to move? At the moment it is pointing down at about 45 degrees. We have the remote. Tried the gimble adjustment. Tried moving the gimble through the phone app on the right side of screen. There are no errors showing. I am wondering if it is locked in place for transit? There was once after a couple of flights where the gimble rotated up to look straight ahead while on the ground and went straight back to 45 degrees down and never moved again. Hoping its an easy fix... a lock or software. Cheers.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. No, it is in beginner mode. So as it sits on the ground, the view you see is the ground. Not straight ahead. Ahhhh... could beginner mode just be for flying? Not filming? I am worried about this post because I might end up feeling stupid ding one simple thing wrong. lol.

Gimbal should work in beginner mode, it's something else.

With it on the ground, not flying, you should be still able to moved the gimbal using the gimbal control

Whilst powered up try to move the camera by hand up and down. Moments of resistance and then non resistance might suggest a badly seated ribbon cable. Sadly not an easy fix without some disassembly I suspect.

Sorry for the noob questions. We have done the IMU calibration. Can't find gimble calibration. Saw where you can adjust the gimbles sideways angle. So is it okay to try moving camera up and down gently by hand?

Please don't be sorry. I soooo appreciate you taking the time to offer help. :) I am at work for a little longer, (don't let the boss see this page... ;) I remember trying the control with my index finger on the left side at the front. Is that fine adjustments?

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
Tell him, as suggested by someone else to gently touch the gimbal to try and move it. Also gently rock the spark to see if gimbal tries to compensate for movement.

Bedtime here, so good luck

Thanks again. No, that control didn't move the gimble. We have tried moving the Spark slowly around and there is no movement at all. We will try gently moving it. Enjoy your sleep. I am in NZ, so it's already tommorrow here. lol.

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
Moves by handy up and down smoothly. It is like it isn't turned on or connected. It is like there is no life in it at all...

Sounds like no power or communication between the lens assembly and the processor board. The ribbon cable could be disconnected or fractured..

Reactions: Victoria
So when you have powered off the spark, is the camera still pointing straight ahead? Or does it angle down and then when you power up it raises up to point forward?

The camera should be forward facing but the gimbal will be slack when not powered. When powered the camera is still forward facing and the gimbal levels the horizon..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef