Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

MP4 file from Micro SD card won’t read

It's likely a long shot, but I've found media player classic will read files the neither Windows media player or VLC will play. Though I have to agree with the others who said the file got corrupted somehow. Try reformatting the SD card in the Go 4 app and see if that works.

Reactions: Surfnut
It's likely a long shot, but I've found media player classic will read files the neither Windows media player or VLC will play. Though I have to agree with the others who said the file got corrupted somehow. Try reformatting the SD card in the Go 4 app and see if that works.
1080p video files are (usually) easy for almost every pc out there to read.

I agree, Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPCHC), together with K-Lite codec pack, are highly recommended by me too, for every windows pc.

Reactions: Surfnut
Thanks Shegeek and Imel. I downloaded it. Even that didn’t work. I got an Unable to render file error message. oh well, put that one down to experience...

Thanks Shegeek and Imel. I downloaded it. Even that didn’t work. I got an Unable to render file error message. oh well, put that one down to experience...

I think some testing is in order. I'd definitely still recommend a new card just in case. But either way remember the Spark doesn't need to be in the air to test recording. Just power everything up as normal, hit record, and carry the Spark around. I'd do a couple videos, start/stop a few times. Then stop recording, power everything down, and see if the MP4 files off the Spark will play on your computer.

If you've got no privacy issues regarding the clip, upload original file, and maybe someone will reach out and give you a fixed version?

I have a high quality SD card and, yes, I did have one file corrupted last year. I was not able to recover it with VLC, Windows or other free options. I bought Stellar recovery software and it successfully recovered the file. It does cost $50 or so. To me it was worth it. When you're travelling you don't usually have time to make multiple takes of a shot or swap out SD cards. You may not know the shot is corrupted until you are already home.

Hi , It's true may not know the shot is corrupted. I used Stellar recovery program, it recovered all my videos from my drone SD card, just in few minutes. Thanks!

I am having the same issue. I have 400 GB and a 1 TB cards. I am using exFAT for intended use on my cell phone. For some reason I copy from my working source drive to the Micro SD drive. If I eject the drive and move it to a USB port port I cannot play the files. I restore the Micro SD to the drive it was formatted to and written to and it still does not play. I dual boot to Ubunto and Windows 10 Pro. Both have the same result. Unusable copies. I pick random files and on both the source folder and the destination folder. Source plays and destination nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme