Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Music?

Huntman2014

Join
Jul 26, 2019
Just wondering, what music do you guys use and where do you get it from? I have been using YouTube's free music selection but that is very limited.

Reactions: jimlips
Just wondering, what music do you guys use and where do you get it from? I have been using YouTube's free music selection but that is very limited.

Use anything from YouTube...even copyrighted songs.
YouTube has changed over the years.
They now allow copyrighted music if the creator allows it.
This is in exchange that you cannot monetize it - the creator gets the ad revenue.
In the past 5 years of creating videos I have never received a copyright strike.
Good ole Johnny Cash
However, I have had tracks muted because the creator or interested parties is in dispute about who gets the ad revenue.
So I just delete the video from YouTube, edit in another track and try again.
That has happened maybe 3 times in the past 5 years?
Looking forward to your work.

Nice job on that train. Wish I could get my pans that smooth. Which app do you use to convert the YouTube music?

That pan was a pure accident...as most of my great shots are :D
I use FireFox extensions to download, like Ant Video Downloader or Download Video & Flash
Then, I just throw it in an editor and delete the video track.
Just discovered Sony Vegas 365 for $2.99/ mo with coupon code MGXNL
Any video editor that separates the tracks will do.
But if it is downloaded as a .webm, then I put it into Goldwave audio editor.

Reactions: Huntman2014
Oh very cool info. I'm using Firefox and usually use a sketchy online app to convert YouTube to mp4's. And I call BS on that accidental pan. It was too good. ;):D:D

Oh very cool info. I'm using Firefox and usually use a sketchy online app to convert YouTube to mp4's. And I call BS on that accidental pan. It was too good. ;):D:D

I'm serious.
Better to be lucky than good.
Here is the first occasion something like that happened to me.
The sun had just set and I went up without FPV in my early flying.
Did not know what I got till I viewed it.
My wife looks over m y shoulder and said "what a great sunset you got".
I said "you have no idea what I just did" and ran it back to the beginning:
This is like only 3 months into the hobby.
I was flying a SYMA X8C with a XiaoMi sports cam attached - that is wobbly slow mode.
I did not get FPV until April of 2017 with my home made 550mm hex

I'm serious.
Better to be lucky than good.
Here is the first occasion something like that happened to me.
The sun had just set and I went up without FPV in my early flying.
Did not know what I got till I viewed it.
My wife looks over m y shoulder and said "what a great sunset you got".
I said "you have no idea what I just did" and ran it back to the beginning:
This is like only 3 months into the hobby.
I was flying a SYMA X8C with a XiaoMi sports cam attached - that is wobbly slow mode.
I did not get FPV until April of 2017 with my home made 550mm hex

Aarg...that explains the wobbly video. I too suffered with a Syma and was the primary reason I searched and found the Spark.

Speaking of accidental video...here's a clip I took while still learning. My son is messing around on his skateboard and I was trying different Spark features like follow me...etc. At :45s I capture this great shot of him skating off the screen. What actually happened was I hit a restricted air space boundary and the Spark stopped dead in its tracks. Ha!! I thought it made for a "cool" shot though.

As for music, I have to guess that most serious YouTubers use a royalty free subscription service for their images, video and music. I googled "royalty free music" and found BenSound which seems to offer free songs as long as you give credit. Check it here.

Aarg...that explains the wobbly video. I too suffered with a Syma and was the primary reason I searched and found the Spark.

Speaking of accidental video...here's a clip I took while still learning. My son is messing around on his skateboard and I was trying different Spark features like follow me...etc. At :45s I capture this great shot of him skating off the screen. What actually happened was I hit a restricted air space boundary and the Spark stopped dead in its tracks. Ha!! I thought it made for a "cool" shot though.

As for music, I have to guess that most serious YouTubers use a royalty free subscription service for their images, video and music. I googled "royalty free music" and found BenSound which seems to offer free songs as long as you give credit. Check it here.

Very cool accidental maneuver :D

I’ll be honest I find the YouTube music to be pretty extensive. It does take some trial and error but I usually find something that matches my video.
ok ill try to look a little deeper, i have not used the sarch feature much so maybe ill dive into that!

Use anything from YouTube...even copyrighted songs.
YouTube has changed over the years.
They now allow copyrighted music if the creator allows it.
This is in exchange that you cannot monetize it - the creator gets the ad revenue.
In the past 5 years of creating videos I have never received a copyright strike.
Good ole Johnny Cash
However, I have had tracks muted because the creator or interested parties is in dispute about who gets the ad revenue.
So I just delete the video from YouTube, edit in another track and try again.
That has happened maybe 3 times in the past 5 years?
Looking forward to your work.
Awesome capture, mate.
I love trains, and this scene is one of my dream shots , but so far have not had the opportunity... [emoji853]
Thoroughly enjoyed it, and yes, accidental or not, your panning was spot on.
Cheers and safe flying!!

Awesome capture, mate.
I love trains, and this scene is one of my dream shots , but so far have not had the opportunity... [emoji853]
Thoroughly enjoyed it, and yes, accidental or not, your panning was spot on.
Cheers and safe flying!!

If you liked that, check my play list from when I chased it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit