Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Dji Spark fell out of the sky!!

Update:
Dji have emailed me and will provide me with a new or repaired drone.
They said in the email “Remark: WARRANTY: Crash damage. No liquid damage. Middle frame module defect. Cover defect. Gimbal roll defect. Battery defect. Warranty. FLY005 Date: 12/03/2019 SN: 0BMUF9500101JD BatterySN:0C0AF8FB3641Q3 1. The aircraft worked in Sport mode, and responded to pilot command well; 2. T=851 s, H=100 m, D=10 m, Landing was triggered due to critical low battery voltage, and then the data suddenly ended; 3. According to the data, a battery cell voltage dropped to below 3 v, thus the aircraft powered off in mid-flight. Conclusion: No pilot fault. Warranty is suggested.”
They have sent the drone and battery back to me repaired or new and should be with me in 2-3 days. ??
Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks for the update! Great news!

Hi Mate I would set your low battery alert to 25% and return to home initiates at 20% never fly the spark below 20% also if you can pilot the drone home yourself do this as it uses less power than a return to home hope this helps and enjoy it's an awsome drone[emoji41][emoji108]
Update:
They said in the email “Remark: WARRANTY: Crash damage. No liquid damage. Middle frame module defect. Cover defect. Gimbal roll defect. Battery defect. Warranty. FLY005 Date: 12/03/2019 SN: 0BMUF9500101JD BatterySN:0C0AF8FB3641Q3 1. The aircraft worked in Sport mode, and responded to pilot command well; 2. T=851 s, H=100 m, D=10 m, Landing was triggered due to critical low battery voltage, and then the data suddenly ended; 3. According to the data, a battery cell voltage dropped to below 3 v, thus the aircraft powered off in mid-flight. Conclusion: No pilot fault. Warranty is suggested.”
They have sent the drone and battery back to me repaired or new and should be with me in 2-3 days. [emoji106][emoji106]

Update:
They have sent the drone and battery back to me repaired or new and should be with me in 2-3 days. ??
That's great news. Happy for you. Good luck with your new Spark.

Same with me, 30% and I bring her down. RTH only as a last resort. If I loose sight of it in the sun or something I'll hit RTH and cancel it as soon as I have regained sight and land it manually. I'm glad DJI owned up and replaced your spark.

Reactions: OwenEdgar64
If you haven’t number your batteries and use each one close and low to the ground watching the battery fuel gauge . Your bird came down because of a faulty battery . Test each battery and run them down to 20% watching close. As soon as they are are 35% bring it low over some grass . I did this test and found one bad battery in my kit . Once you know your batteries are good then you can take to the air without having a nervous breakdown . I had one that went from 60% to 5% in about 30 seconds . It was hovering in front of me as I was playing with camera settings . Could of been bad

I once had a faulty battery that had one cell failing on discharge very rapidly at 25%. It would go down to 3v whilst the other cells were still 3.5v. This I noticed immediately since I keep the voltage displayed for the lowest cell. So I immediately landed since the spark was still close to me. I saved the day and sent the battery back. (It was new) I did get a replacement battery for free though.

After a short time after I got my drone I made the mistake of letting the battery getting to low and It landed a few 100 yards a way from me, But when I hit find my drone it said it landed a mile away but because of me going into a panic being it was the first time that happened.. After over an hour of looking an every time I looked at the screen it keep moving down the road that's when I hit find my drone a 2nd time an that's when it redid my drone on my screen showing it just down the road.Thats when I started setting my battery to return home at 25% that is more then enough to get back home when your drone is about 3/4 of a mile away... What you should do is take your drone and fly it out as far as you can an time it from as far out as you can the see how long it takes to get back? Then aways remember that every time you fly... And keep your car keys in your pocket for that just in case your drone is out to far for you to run.. lol

If you haven’t number your batteries and use each one close and low to the ground watching the battery fuel gauge . Your bird came down because of a faulty battery . Test each battery and run them down to 20% watching close. As soon as they are are 35% bring it low over some grass . I did this test and found one bad battery in my kit . Once you know your batteries are good then you can take to the air without having a nervous breakdown . I had one that went from 60% to 5% in about 30 seconds . It was hovering in front of me as I was playing with camera settings . Could of been bad
All I can say on that is (DAM) not good!

I recently bought a Dji Spark because I already had a ryze tello and I really enjoyed it so I decided I would upgrade to the Spark. I got the fly more combo. On my first flight after I had done all the set up and the calibration I took after got used to the controls then flew to 325f took some photos and then the battery got to 18% so I started to land. At 229f the battery reached 17% and all looked good...... the drone was roughly directly above me and suddenly without warning the drone propellers stopped spinning and just dropped and hit a smallish tree as it fell and then smashed into the concrete below, totally wrecking the drone. The battery was still in when I found it and the lights were on on the Spark. I called Dji and then told me to send it in but I don’t have dji refresh. How long will it take till it gets repaired and set back to me (the drone arrived to the dji repair centre today) because I am going on a ski trip in 2 and a half weeks and I really want to take it with me. Also do you think it will be covered under the warranty so I won’t have to pay anything as I don’t thing it was my fault. I didn’t hit anything.
Should've taken it back to the store where you bought it, Bestbuy, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center, etc. Those stores give you 30 days warranty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast