Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first flight with my new DJI Spark (or any drone)

I am a former military pilot and disabled veteran. I started flying toy drones to fill the void left by not flying any more. I have been flying mostly toy drones. At 64 I have been reluctant to fly my Spark. Your video has given me confidence that I can do it. Thanks. Great first flight.

Reactions: mano and alditenen
I am a former military pilot and disabled veteran. I started flying toy drones to fill the void left by not flying any more. I have been flying mostly toy drones. At 64 I have been reluctant to fly my Spark. Your video has given me confidence that I can do it. Thanks. Great first flight.

Interesting. I’m retired military also and a former private pilot. My ultimate goal is flying FPV with a drone, doing things I could never safely do with a piloted aircraft.

Fly your Spark.

Last edited:
Reactions: mano
I never had a remote in my hand as a youngster so before so before i recieved my spark I bought a toy drone to practice it lasted almost two days I crashed every flight till it cound,t get up very good ,so i repaired and it took off still don,t know where or how far it went ,so i was nervous about flying the spark , talk about relief took off and found out it does take care of itself and was easy there was no comparision, lol I,m a 62 year old retired bullrider

Scary isn't it, I hit RTH on my 1st flight and it shot up 400ft, I lost sight of it, then 2 mins later it landed next to me, phew.
I did the same thing with my Spark. Except I had mine set for only 30 meters. But when it first started to climb, I panicked for a second thinking it was going to be a flyaway until a few seconds later when I remembered the RTH altitude setting. I also breathed a sigh of relief when it started coming straight down.

Reactions: Moofer
Great video rcdancer.. it's as though you can see your confidence with the spark growing as the video goes along!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Amazing isn't it RCDancer?
So smooth and easy.

Mantis20,
Let go and fly!
The Spark is almost fully automatic compared to where I started; toy drone where you had to keep the throttle just so right to hover.
It is quite rewarding up there.

Although 3.75 years flying helps out my situation, check the last few entries of my YouTube Channel
pmshop 4
Then compare to my earliest flights

So smooth and easy.

Mantis20,
Let go and fly!
The Spark is almost fully automatic compared to where I started; toy drone where you had to keep the throttle just so right to hover.

Although 3.75 years flying helps out my situation, check the last few entries of my YouTube Channel
pmshop 4

Some very nice videos there.

So smooth and easy.

Mantis20,
Let go and fly!

pmshop 4
Thanks. Again a big boost to my confidence. I can't wait to really get out there.

Reactions: pmshop
Great first flight, and you picked a smart place to do it...an open field!

I remember how scared i was on my first several flights! Now I'm waiting on Black Friday hoping to score a Mavic Pro to keep Sparky company!!

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast