Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My new Spark footage in Thailand)

@sergiodrone if I like it? Man, I love it! Perfect location for me. [emoji111]

Some of these shots changed clarity when panning the camera down/away from the Sun, I wonder if setting AE Lock before the shot will help avoid that?

@sergiodrone if I like it? Man, I love it! Perfect location for me. [emoji111]

Some of these shots changed clarity when panning the camera down/away from the Sun, I wonder if setting AE Lock before the shot will help avoid that?
I don`t know exactly) But i think that the Spark camera is too simple for such tasks)

Beautiful!,,,so nice to see footage from this lil marvel of technology. The best part is saying, WOW my little drone can do this.
Thx for sharing.

I don`t know exactly) But i think that the Spark camera is too simple for such tasks)
Yes, by all means, try playing with the ae/lock. As you start gimbaling down, reach a half way point, before it totally opens up? Tap the ae/lock. You should end up with a slighter lighter sky and rich dark textures on the terrain, without it being overexposed. Which is what the Spark sensors try to do. But there should be nice fixed exposures thru-out.
Great ariels, none the less. Loved the 360’ orbits.

Reactions: Rafa7
Yes, by all means, try playing with the ae/lock. As you start gimbaling down, reach a half way point, before it totally opens up? Tap the ae/lock. You should end up with a slighter lighter sky and rich dark textures on the terrain, without it being overexposed. Which is what the Spark sensors try to do. But there should be nice fixed exposures thru-out.
Great ariels, none the less. Loved the 360’ orbits.
Thanks for this info. Is there a definite way to determine the 'half way point' before exposure opens up or it is determined more by look and preference?

Thanks for this info. Is there a definite way to determine the 'half way point' before exposure opens up or it is determined more by look and preference?
Lol, as with anything artistic, being an artist myself. It’s more feeling. But, You will know, because there is an eveness in the video. It feels right. Try it a couple times, as it gimbals down slowly, you will see a moment where it just looks right, not under exposed, like it is when you first start angling down. And not completely washed out when you have your full tilt down. Apply the lock. Then gimbal up, look at your sky, you should see a slightly lighter but still well exposed sky.
And now gimbally down no drastic changes in exposure. The terrain will be slightly darker but not underexposed. So you’re compromising, a little of the sky and a little of the earth below.
Filters make these levels even better, I never fly without filters.
But if you really want to achieve this technically. Use the exposure meter, have it up in your display. And grade it, using the ae/lock. After apply the lock, check your exposure range on the waveform in the meter. That wave should be in the center.
Check out my Dinosaur video on my channel. I got some great exposures. It’s long 30 min. So stop it when you want. Lol
I do this as a passion, not on how many youtube clicks I get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafa7
@MannyCAM2001 Great recommendations, I'm understanding more and more little by little, thanks . Yesterday I went out to practice using AE lock, WB and ND filters. I feel that I can now achieve lighting consistency/smoothness through the shot with a more realistic look/colors. I didn't practice using the exposure meter for the waveform but that will come next. I also practiced slow movements for the gimbal and Spark rotation. Anyways, only time will tell if I am getting better LOL!! my goal is to be able to create cinematic shots in the future ...but since I am coming from the opposite side, not artistic at all (call me conventional/technically inclined), there is a long road ahead of me: practice-practice.

I saw the video, thanks. I actually wanted to know more about the dinosaur park since we always see it on our way to visit family in Brandon. Next time we go there I'll bring my Spark.

Rafa7; Awesome! I’m so glad you’re getting better results. It just makes the little Spark even more complete, knowing it’s limitations and addressing them with surprising results. Half the fun is finding how to use a 2 axis gimbal effectively..
Everyone here in the forum has great tips and tricks to share. To say one knows it all is stupid an ignorant. We all have something to offer.
Yes, the Dinosaurs come every year to our Lowry Park here in Tampa, Fl. I will give you a headsup when they come again. Bring the kids for sure. Great experience for them.

Hi, did you have to register or do any paper work on local police? Thanks
No the only registration is with your drone thru the FAA. Aside from calling a major airport, if flying within 5 miles, no other clearance is required.
DJI is taking the quesswork out of flying illegally, by the geofencing popups that will definitely let you know to follow protocol.

Last edited:
No the only registration is with your drone thru the FAA. Aside from calling a major airport, no other clearance is required.
DJI is taking the quesswork out of flying illegally, by the geofencing popups that will definitely let you know to follow protocol.
thank you! I wonder how to take it? Hand luggage or checkin luggage?

When I arrive Thailand I just have to go to faa? No need to do anything before?
Thanks

Guys help me on this one.
But I’m thinking Check-in luggage. Avoiding any xray security issues.
But lets get other opinions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis