Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My range record

mattitech07

Join
Mar 30, 2019
I'm still new to the DJi spark, my record is 913 m and my next record will be 1000m or more , 913 is actually a good record? Screenshot_20190612_194544_dji.go.v4.jpeg

I have done 5000 feet in Ireland i.e. 1 statute mile with range boosters on transmitter. Longer ranges are possible in the USA

Yip I'm in EU but I have it in fcc mode so I will reach 2 km or more (I have extender too)

I used the fcc mod, I think it worked because I noticed a very great improvement of the signal (but I'm not sure because I can't see channel on the app and I don't understand why)

How do you fly VLOS at 2km?

But for switch in fcc you need to use a mod but after the switch you can use the original DJi go

How do you fly VLOS at 2km?
The answer is simple. They don't fly in VLOS. But it is more of a thrill seeking one off exercise, not a regular affair. People like to test the limit of their drones at times.

Reactions: Heckmaniac
FCC mod. Is this software or hardware related? (using DJI Go 4 ?)
You can use the original DJI Go4 app. You just trick it into believing that you are in the USA or any country which uses FCC mode. One of the most common methods is using a fake location app called FLOATER. You will find many tutorials on YouTube about it.

ah yes 300m more than me :D:D
Haha yep, but at that distance, every additional foot or meter is unexpected and a challenge.
Also going over water knowing you still have to make it back with your stock battery (thus why I won't likely be repeating this again - can't take the stress)! In your flight you had plenty of battery left and apparently still signal, so in all likelihood you could have gone further than me. I ended up landing with 2% battery left.

Last edited:
My record run.. (3500m = 11500 feet)

When RTH is initiated, do not forget to push stick to get full speed towards home. This will give you higher RTH speed.
And expect to lose connection for a minute..

Where Spark is able to fly, under favorable conditions. Here is the answer of 5300m.

Warning battery mod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha yep, but at that distance, every additional foot or meter is unexpected and a challenge.
Also going over water knowing you still have to make it back with your stock battery (thus why I won't likely be repeating this again - can't take the stress)! In your flight you had plenty of battery left and apparently still signal, so in all likelihood you could have gone further than me. I ended up landing with 2% battery left.
no i could not go further :( it was not for the battery but i had rth requests that i canceled and the picture was just before the signal was lost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex