Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My very first sunset with my DJI Spark!

Very nice!
Thank you!

This type of photo is really EXACTLY what I was looking for and couldn't find when deciding whether or not to puchase the Spark. I wanted the convenience and unobtrusiveness of the Spark, but wasn't sure it was up to the task of taking view-able sunset pics. I think it is good enough for my purposes...

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Very nice
Thank you! No, filters are for suckers.....

I ran it through Lightroom, and also photoshop elements.

Getting the exposures right is the first step, to bring out the colors. It is hard to do with low light images, as you get lots of noise, and those sensors have very poor dynamic range.

I had tried some ND filters when i first got into droning, but it just made the images darker, and look like crap!

Thanks for your comment, and thanks for looking!

Thank you! No, filters are for suckers.....

I ran it through Lightroom, and also photoshop elements.

Getting the exposures right is the first step, to bring out the colors. It is hard to do with low light images, as you get lots of noise, and those sensors have very poor dynamic range.

I had tried some ND filters when i first got into droning, but it just made the images darker, and look like crap!

Thanks for your comment, and thanks for looking!
ND filters are basically sunglasses for your camera, so yes they make things darker. This shows the shutter, and may bump the ISO (which leads to grainy images). Not really useful in already low light situations. They are best used when shooting video in bright light to slow the shutter for smoother images (180° rule, so on Spark the goal is 1/60 shutter speed), or when shooting a still and you want to get some motion blur.

For capturing better definition, consider a CPL (polarizer) filter. Colour and contrast will improve dramatically as it limits scattered light, and if nothing else will make your image a bit easier to adjust in post. I almost never shoot without a polarizer on any of my cameras

ND filters are basically sunglasses for your camera, so yes they make things darker. This shows the shutter, and may bump the ISO (which leads to grainy images). Not really useful in already low light situations. They are best used when shooting video in bright light to slow the shutter for smoother images (180° rule, so on Spark the goal is 1/60 shutter speed), or when shooting a still and you want to get some motion blur.

For capturing better definition, consider a CPL (polarizer) filter. Colour and contrast will improve dramatically as it limits scattered light, and if nothing else will make your image a bit easier to adjust in post. I almost never shoot without a polarizer on any of my cameras

Can you link to some of your pictures, so I can get an idea of what you are talking about? Thank you!

Here are some of mine. I personally used to use a polarizer a lot, and also a special nd filter that had the ND part over the sky, but after a while, I got tired of all the fancy equipment, and decided to be less of a technician, and more of a shutter bug, or photographer...

Here are a few of my images. None of them have used an ND filter, or polarizer. I find that if I just get the lighting right, it works

Furthermore, I though sensors like this need a CIRCULAR polarzer, which is why the ones on cameras always spin. If you don't shift it to the right angle, it is worthless.

Film did not need a circular polarzer, and I can not remember why!

Check out markdanielimaging 's profile

and

Galleries by The Suburban Hippie Photographer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis