Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Need Gain control on Yaw for smooth panning.

DrStrangelove

Join
Jul 18, 2017
So this was a problem on the DJI Phantom, that the yaw control is too touchy and when you try to make a nice smooth relatively slow pan move it either jerks quickly into the pan, or the pan is to quick or it's too jerky.

There is also the issue that if you are shooting while doing a straight ascent or descent that you might slightly engage the yaw and it jerks the view in that direction.

I have looked in the controller section on the DJI Go 4 software on the iphone and have not found any relevant settings to control the rate of the yaw or the sensitivity. There is a stick calibration section, but nothing about stick "gain" or curves.

Personally I think they should dial it waaaay down and make the standard flying mode have an exponential curve to smooth it out, then let it be "full on" in sport mode. DJI should do this with a firmware update. Because, after all most of us are using it to shoot video, right?

So does anyone have a suggestion to fix this issue?

thanks!

Last edited:
Besides tripod mode, this might help a little, in the Remote Controller menu there is a "Speed Seek Bar". I have noticed by adjusting that to zero it slows the Spark down. I tried it at 100 and the Spark would do a complete 360 in about 7 seconds, with it at zero the 360 is about 5 seconds. All the other controls are slowed down also not including camera pitch.

I tested this using a 5.5" Crystalsky monitor, I then tested it with my iPad Mini4 and noticed that the "Speed Seek Bar" was not an option. I do not have an Android device handy (besides the Crystalsky) to test it on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme