Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware? V 01.00.0800

What's the biggest thing I learned over the last few months. Use an iPhone not Android with your DJI Spark. Seems to be far less problems. As for the firmware... the release notes tell u exactly what to expect with the update

Ohhh did you find the release motes

I updated and the ability to use the OTG is gone!!! (I used the OTG which comes for the mavic) :/ and this was what I got from DJI for complaining about it....

Untitled.jpg Untitled.jpg

Can it be translated as:
"Although we know that there is good reliable OTG solution that worked until recent update and was tested by many and by many appreciated, we do not care much and advise to continue using less reliable solution just because we said so. If you experience an interference, go somwhere where there is no interference. Spark which is small and light therefore feasible to use in much wider variety of locations has been designed by us to have more limiting type of downlink. Have fun, because we do"...

I updated and the ability to use the OTG is gone!!! (I used the OTG which comes for the mavic) :/ and this was what I got from DJI for complaining about it....

View attachment 2270 View attachment 2270
Wtf is wrong with dji they said they don't recommend the use of otg because they never tested it. Seriously? if they read the bloody forums they should know that most people use otg successfully me included and I would never fly the spark with wifi, if they force us to update firmware and lose the OTG function I would be the first person to dumb the spark in the bin and would never look at another dji product, so just incase dji see this comment DEAR DJI LEAVE THE OTG FUNCTION ON THE SPARK OR YOU WILL START LOSING CUSTOMERS I WOULD DEFINITELY BE AMONG THE FIRST ☹️

Sent from my E6833 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Wtf is wrong with dji they said they don't recommend the use of otg because they never tested it. Seriously? if they read the bloody forums they should know that most people use otg successfully me included and I would never fly the spark with wifi, if they force us to update firmware and lose the OTG function I would be the first person to dumb the spark in the bin and would never look at another dji product, so just incase dji see this comment DEAR DJI LEAVE THE OTG FUNCTION ON THE SPARK OR YOU WILL START LOSING CUSTOMERS I WOULD DEFINITELY BE AMONG THE FIRST ☹️

I don't believe they will listen. This was not done by mistake - I have no trouble to imagine following situation in hypothetical company:

A: We are loosing sales of our more expensive product, our less expensive one can replace it in too many cases.
B: Let's kill some nice function in this less expensive, and explain that it was never intended to be there.
A: Ok, let's have it with next software update.
B: Problem solved!

Reactions: Kilrah

Yes I’m really pissed too what’s the point of seperately purchasing the remote control and not having the ability to connect via OTG?? Not gonna recommend DJI ever again to anyone...

Reactions: xxbigdogxlt
Be Interested to See if we Can use OTG on the 4.1.22 Update and New Firmware or do we Loose FCC & OTG Still ??
Installed it in my CrystalSky 5.5 and finally got the pano 360 to work. The monitor is connected to the controls using a cable. Have been able use OTG with my cell phone after every update and now with CrystalSky 5.5 (only had a month)

I can't remember the whole history of the OTG cable as I don't use it. I am curious if there is any official DJI documentation stating it was a supported function? Or was it just something some one stumbled upon?

Since I just got my Spark, and have only flown it a couple of times, I power it up when I am downstairs and go through the DJI Go 4 menus. The first thing I noticed was that I immediately picked up GPS. Had never done that before while in the house, downstairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502