Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware? V 01.00.0800

I stopped using the DJI Go 4 app on Android and purchased the Litchi app! I will never go back! That app is worthless and I don't have to fuss around with an OTG cable because it works flawless with the wifi like DJI claims their app should function!

Ladies and Gents.
I have kind of a dumb question and it has to do with the app.

I am using Note5 and I didnt know that the app would be available on play store for my model phone if it is not supported by manufacturer, at least its what this POS Chinese mom and pop **** outfit is saying. F_ck I hate Chinese **** and wish there were worthy alternatives.

Anyway, my phone worked perfectly with app before 4.1.18, granted that some of the features started to disappear in previous version but at least it all worked. So now the obvious, what was the most stable app and firmware for the spark? And how can I get those

Is this version only in the US? 4.1.18 is only version available in App Store here in Canada?
It's not out at anywhere yet. People jsut go by the release notes which suggest it will come out soon, but "forget" that when something appears there it never means it's already out.

OTG works fine on the new FW 0800 with Android and 4.1.15, I've been flying two days with the new FW, what I did notice was if you did not update the FW and or allow the version check to occur during the app load up you will be limited to 100ft in height and maybe 300ft in distance.

OTG works fine on the new FW 0800 with Android and 4.1.15, I've been flying two days with the new FW, what I did notice was if you did not update the FW and or allow the version check to occur during the app load up you will be limited to 100ft in height and maybe 300ft in distance.
Ok so I think this was an answer to me. So how can I get 4.1.15, and is there any way to roll back the firmaware on the drone? and Should i roll back the firmware on the drone?

Ok so I think this was an answer to me. So how can I get 4.1.15, and is there any way to roll back the firmaware on the drone? and Should i roll back the firmware on the drone?
I wouldn't roll back the firmware. It seems fine if not better than the last one.

Google "mirror apk". Then search within the mirror apk site for DJI. You will then get a list of DJI Go 4 app links. Chose the 4.1.15 and you will get a option with something like Show APKs. After clicking show APKs it will provide two to choose from. I use the second one even though they both have the same release date. I will say I have sporatic app crashes mid flight and this is often. I just stay calm, let off the sticks and reload the app.. Then proceed to fly as normal. This seems to happen with every version. I use a Samsung S8.

Awesome, Guys thanks for the 4.1.15

So I have deactivated, in the play store, auto update. Is there anything else you would recomend I should Do to prevent it from updating or restricting anything else?

Reactions: robsp58
Since I just got my Spark, and have only flown it a couple of times, I power it up when I am downstairs and go through the DJI Go 4 menus. The first thing I noticed was that I immediately picked up GPS. Had never done that before while in the house, downstairs.
I always get sats in the house.

Awesome, Guys thanks for the 4.1.15

So I have deactivated, in the play store, auto update. Is there anything else you would recomend I should Do to prevent it from updating or restricting anything else?
You will not axept updating when he ask you to update. Otherwise you did wath you can do ...

So general consensus for android users is stick with DJI GO 4.1.15 or below and update the spark firmware to latest?

well. today i flying with 4.1.1.8 with ipad mini4. crushing all the way , editor function will also crush. almost anything i do will crush. well must think a way to Go back 4.115 Android device

I'm having trouble updating to latest FW 01.00.0800. After downloading, stopped @ 5%. Restarted Spark & RC but still doesn't help. Anything I should do? Thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar