Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware V01.00.0900

Yes I read that "fact" as well when I first got my Spark...still waiting for the OTG support.
Ive been reading your posts and all I can say is you are wasting everybody's time here with your constant posts of how everything is working perfect for you. Thats great for you, don't get me wrong. But in a lot of topics we try to solve some issues or problems we encounter. Stating once that everything works great for you is fine imo, but multiple times makes me wonder what your goal is in this. You even opened a topic to make the same statement again. I think everybody got your point by now.

Ive been reading your posts and all I can say is you are wasting everybody's time here with your constant posts of how everything is working perfect for you. Thats great for you, don't get me wrong. But in a lot of topics we try to solve some issues or problems we encounter. Stating once that everything works great for you is fine imo, but multiple times makes me wonder what your goal is in this. You even opened a topic to make the same statement again. I think everybody got your point by now.
I didn't open the topic? I'm simply saying what I'm experiencing...I thought with all the issues people are having it might be a good thing to know that for some of us the Spark works very well.

Reactions: Vilco
Yes, I opened the topic.
To announce 0900 firmware and to discover it is a battery only update.
I saw there was not yet a thread on it and posted.
Then, being a battery only update, this thread went off topic with the OTG debate.
All I have to say is this when it comes to OTG:

When it comes to the USA, why do we want to fly further than 400 - 500 feet (120-150m)?
Can't see the tiny craft at that distance even with the youngest of eyes.
Therefore, you are in FAA violation.

Just like that guy with the Phantom that crashed into the military helicopter.
First chargeable offense listed on him is craft was not in visual line of sight.

So end of that story.

If there is any issues with battery updates, love to hear it.
If not, go to the OTG thread.

Reactions: s2 Web Parrot
Yes, I opened the topic.
To announce 0900 firmware and to discover it is a battery only update.
I saw there was not yet a thread on it and posted.
Then, being a battery only update, this thread went off topic with the OTG debate.
All I have to say is this when it comes to OTG:

When it comes to the USA, why do we want to fly further than 400 - 500 feet (120-150m)?
Can't see the tiny craft at that distance even with the youngest of eyes.
Therefore, you are in FAA violation.

Just like that guy with the Phantom that crashed into the military helicopter.
First chargeable offense listed on him is craft was not in visual line of sight.

So end of that story.

If there is any issues with battery updates, love to hear it.
If not, go to the OTG thread.

For me its about having more stable connection at even at shorter ranges. That said, I'm not a rabid OTG advocate. If it works great, if does not.. oh well.

Last edited:

When familiarizing myself with the various profile choices (when setting up my forum account) I found the feature, "People You Ignore." It can be a very helpful filter for those occasions when a conversation has parts I find less than helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmshop
Here is an example of how to argue a point with facts versus opinion. My "fact" is based on information clearly available on the DJI business website. The spec of the Crystalsky Mount states that an OTG cable is required for using the Crystalsky with Spark. It further states that OTG will be available for other mobile devices in the future. Here is a screen shot taken this AM.
View attachment 2416

you forget the goggles :

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
The question really is: what 'other mobile devices' do they mean here? Do they mean Android phones and tablets, or just goggles and other DJI proprietory hardware? Ultimately, we simply don't know at the moment. I think the best thing we can do is keep pestering and pestering.

Keep calm and carry on...using 4.1.15 :D.

YESTERDAY...Sent my drone up to about 5m and realized home point not updated so return it manually. Went to fly again and it showed a firmware update to 0900 so updated it etc. Now I cannot connect drone,controller and my android phone.
TODAY.. Tried it again and while trying there was an other update? which I installed. Occasionally I can connect the drone and RC only for minutes None of the buttons on the control work except the gimbl knob. I can sometimes connect phone with drone but what a performance having to scam the SSID AND PASSWORD from the box, Can not connect drone with RC and the the phone.
Have owned and flown for the last 6 months without any problems,
Not a very nice New Year present from DJI..
How do I go back to an earlier version> PLEASE some help.

YESTERDAY...Sent my drone up to about 5m and realized home point not updated so return it manually. Went to fly again and it showed a firmware update to 0900 so updated it etc. Now I cannot connect drone,controller and my android phone.
TODAY.. Tried it again and while trying there was an other update? which I installed. Occasionally I can connect the drone and RC only for minutes None of the buttons on the control work except the gimbl knob. I can sometimes connect phone with drone but what a performance having to scam the SSID AND PASSWORD from the box, Can not connect drone with RC and the the phone.
Have owned and flown for the last 6 months without any problems,
Not a very nice New Year present from DJI..
How do I go back to an earlier version> PLEASE some help.

0900 is just a battery firmware update.
If it asked for another update, all batteries need to update.
So it is something more than just firmware update.

DJI still allows you to roll back to 600 at the moment. Use the Assistant or the lesser known way by holding the 3 lines at the top right corner of the go app on the start screen.

You can fly normally and far away with no issues at all except that error will still be there saying weak transmission signal. So they improved the latency over wifi at the expense of functionality over the OTG cable. I guess this is supposed to somehow convince us to stick with wifi or keep seeing this message. My wife and I have the exact same setup on our Sparks. Only difference is I did not update her firmware so no weak transmission signal on her screen. I am curious about the release notes for this firmware to see what improvements there are besides wifi latency.
Hi. I recently tried the OTG (after the update to V01-00-0900) along with the very same "weak transmision signal" message. Is there any solid way to go back to a previous version? ...and which one? I already used "DJI Assistant 2" to reinstall the version I used before Dec 21st...but the message is still there all over the screen! Thanks so much in advance for your comments and HNY!

Hi. I recently tried the OTG (after the update to V01-00-0900) along with the very same "weak transmision signal" message. Is there any solid way to go back to a previous version? ...and which one? I already used "DJI Assistant 2" to reinstall the version I used before Dec 21st...but the message is still there all over the screen! Thanks so much in advance for your comments and HNY!

You are getting that message because it is in the DJI GO 4 App, Not the firmware. 0900 was ONLY a battery update.

Reactions: Juan Trull

pmshop is correct in that it is not the firmware. It is definitely an issue with the app update from version 4.1.18 up. I'm doing a bit of research to find out at the moment including trying the older version of the App on android. I will let you know what I find out.

Reactions: Juan Trull
return to 4.15

return to 4.15

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme