Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware V01.00.0900

Trust me. It isn't a excuse.
It is possible that some issues arise for some terminals, but what they are doing is for all Android phones.
DJI is a company that don't listen the users. Like a Chinese company, they are just worried on their profits.
DJI has 2 US based Engineers/Techs (Blade_Strike & Tahoe Ed) that contribute over on the RC Groups forum on a regular basis. Not making any excuses for DJI, but I think that one of the reasons they came out with Crystalsky is because they (DJI) have control over the hardware that the Android OS runs on. Have heard of too many Android related issues with CS.

DJI has 2 US based Engineers/Techs (Blade_Strike & Tahoe Ed) that contribute over on the RC Groups forum on a regular basis. Not making any excuses for DJI, but I think that one of the reasons they came out with Crystalsky is because they (DJI) have control over the hardware that the Android OS runs on. Have heard of too many Android related issues with CS.
Sure. Any interest in get our money...

Another update for anybody that cares. ;)

The new .0900 and GO4 4.1.20 on iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 11.2.1) and using OTG is truly ROCK SOLID!

I just flew a good bit further than I was ever able to previously with my Spark, with rock solid video feed and hardly any RC signal loss the whole flight. Zero feed stutters and no strange events.

The Spark finally performed flawlessly as did the app and RC. Everything was shown on the flight screen including all telemetry and battery info. There is literally nothing missing/not working using OTG with this setup. I’m only seeing the video feed warning on the top-left of the screen, but that doesn’t bother me as I can see what flight mode I’m in from the top-middle of the screen, next to the GPS icon.

Next I will try without OTG and see if I get the same results on this setup.

Hi,

which OTG cable did you buy?

Thanks

Guys anyone here is using an Android that is not on their compatible list and all the new FW and app updates?

Is it working now or is it better to stay with Android 4.1.15 ver. still?

When I did the first update if you go into you look at the version software it showed 4.1.18. on my phone connected to the RC. I did the latest firmware last night and the version is now 4.1.22. The apple store still shows the old version but I think DJI does it as part of the firmware. I could be wrong but the app store still shows the older version.

Another update for anybody that cares. ;)

The new .0900 and GO4 4.1.20 on iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 11.2.1) and using OTG is truly ROCK SOLID!

I just flew a good bit further than I was ever able to previously with my Spark, with rock solid video feed and hardly any RC signal loss the whole flight. Zero feed stutters and no strange events.

The Spark finally performed flawlessly as did the app and RC. Everything was shown on the flight screen including all telemetry and battery info. There is literally nothing missing/not working using OTG with this setup. I’m only seeing the video feed warning on the top-left of the screen, but that doesn’t bother me as I can see what flight mode I’m in from the top-middle of the screen, next to the GPS icon.

Next I will try without OTG and see if I get the same results on this setup.

Update on above:

So OTG still working great, no glitches and no video feed issues, it’s rock solid. I tried without OTG (WiFi only) and the video feed is terrible and pretty much unusable.

New Spark firmware V01.00.0900 Released today.
Anyone have the release notes?

About to test fly.
I have upgraded and for the first time, my Spark disconnected from GPS and started to fly away. Good thing I know how to fly without it and had it within line of sight. This happened twice. I do not know how to roll back to the previous version.

I have upgraded and for the first time, my Spark disconnected from GPS and started to fly away. Good thing I know how to fly without it and had it within line of sight. This happened twice. I do not know how to roll back to the previous version.

Using the DJI Assistant software, it allows you to roll back
Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads
Scroll down to Spark Specs and you will see a download section link.

DJI will never support OTG for the Spark...if you want OTG, buy a Mavic or use an ipad...i am an Android user and I bought an iPad just for the Spark...it's fantastic I don't need OTG at all, it works fantastically on Wifi.

So, you have inside information about what DJI is, or is not working on? How do you know (they) "will never support OTG for the Spark..." ? How is this kind of comment adding value to this forum? Stop wasting our time.

Reactions: REMUS1
So, you have inside information about what DJI is, or is not working on? How do you know (they) "will never support OTG for the Spark..." ? How is this kind of comment adding value to this forum? Stop wasting our time.

It has been discussed in other forums and it seems his statement is true.

Trust me. It isn't a excuse.
It is possible that some issues arise for some terminals, but what they are doing is for all Android phones.
DJI is a company that don't listen the users. Like a Chinese company, they are just worried on their profits.

Sorry to burst your bubble(s). Chinese or not, all successful businesses are worried with profit. Failing to do so will result in calling the company bankrupt. Clearly your understanding of economics is as lacking as your understanding of the complexities of software and hardware engineering. Your naiveté provides no enlightment to the issue or topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe