Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware V01.00.0900

It has been discussed in other forums and it seems his statement is true.
Could you add a link to one or some of those discussions.

I saw a few, but none of the claims were substantiated. More like, " I know it because it's true " ... The question was posed on the DJI forums and the Administrator affirned it was being looked in to. I have no reason to believe that to be untrue. That is more of an "official" source than the general forum public.

I believe you are speaking of the same admin.
Yes, being looked into but seems like some piece of it is lacking and not pratical to do so...something like a limitation of iOS Apps.
I read it a while back and cannot remember where.
But I can tell you the discussion is not topic specific.
It usually is mentioned, for example, like in this forum (not related) and kicked around for a bit then dismissed.

So, you have inside information about what DJI is, or is not working on? How do you know (they) "will never support OTG for the Spark..." ? How is this kind of comment adding value to this forum? Stop wasting our time.
If you actually have a think about why DJI wouldn't support OTG for the Spark instead of ranting on about adding value...it makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view...each model has something another model does not, if you want something another model has that yours doesn't....guess what! You buy the other model...in my opinion.

I believe you are speaking of the same admin.
Yes, being looked into but seems like some piece of it is lacking and not pratical to do so...something like a limitation of iOS Apps.
I read it a while back and cannot remember where.
But I can tell you the discussion is not topic specific.
It usually is mentioned, for example, like in this forum (not related) and kicked around for a bit then dismissed.

Indeed, Apple MFI program. The ridiculous thing is that they disabled OTG for Android phones, also, when they have no darn MFI crapola...

Discussing something doesn’t make it true or factual. Directing forum participants to official statements provides a basis for discussion.
You'll have to head over to the DJI forum for those "official statements".
DJI SPARK forum

Ok, so what do you tell the guy who just wants his drone to work correctly, because he already owns or has owned all the other models of DJI machines and they all operate and perform as they should without any issues, he just bought the Spark knowing it has no 4K and somewhat less features? Is it fine and dandy that it doesn't fly the distance as advertised without issues, the app crashes all the time, and when the App does work, the image either freezes or drops out?

Is it appropriate to tell Spark owners to go buy another model drone because you think the only better solution for those just wanting a fix for what they already have and wanted, entails for them to go out and buy an even more complicated model of drone somehow in your reasoning seems to make more sense???

Ok, so what do you tell the guy who just wants his drone to work correctly, because he already owns or has owned all the other models of DJI machines and they all operate and perform as they should without any issues, he just bought the Spark knowing it has no 4K and somewhat less features? Is it fine and dandy that it doesn't fly the distance as advertised without issues, the app crashes all the time, and when the App does work, the image either freezes or drops out?

Is it appropriate to tell Spark owners to go buy another model drone because you think the only better solution for those just wanting a fix for what they already have and wanted, entails for them to go out and buy an even more complicated model of drone somehow in your reasoning seems to make more sense???
Very well stated and I too find it a bit disconcerting that the Spark doesn't quite live up to all the hype. IMO the biggest pitfall is the WIFI. I find it hard to believe that outfitting the Spark with Occusync would have increased the cost that much.

Reactions: zayyarl
If you actually have a think about why DJI wouldn't support OTG for the Spark instead of ranting on about adding value...it makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view...each model has something another model does not, if you want something another model has that yours doesn't....guess what! You buy the other model...in my opinion.

Here is an example of how to argue a point with facts versus opinion. My "fact" is based on information clearly available on the DJI business website. The spec of the Crystalsky Mount states that an OTG cable is required for using the Crystalsky with Spark. It further states that OTG will be available for other mobile devices in the future. Here is a screen shot taken this AM.
OTG Spark Mavic with other mobile devices.png

fall is the WIFI. I find it hard to believe that outfitting the Spark with Occusync would have increased the cost that much.
;) Think 'Spark II'. I am predicting 2.7K and Occusync in the new 'Pro' version.

See my comment @ #89
Exactly..."Coming Soon". Which is what some of us have been stating all along. OTG was NEVER supported, IMO the fact that it ever worked was an oversight by the engineers.

Reactions: s2 Web Parrot
Exactly..."Coming Soon". Which is what some of us have been stating all along. OTG was NEVER supported, IMO the fact that it ever worked was an oversight by the engineers.

It is supported for Crystalsky. My opinion is that "perhaps" there is a realization that there is a benefit in providing support for "other mobile devices" and they are looking at coding that could support the tens-of-dozens of hardware, firmware, and operating systems that run their software.

Reactions: zayyarl and Vilco
It is supported for Crystalsky. My opinion is that "perhaps" there is a realization that there is a benefit in providing support for "other mobile devices" and they are looking at coding that could support the tens-of-dozens of hardware, firmware, and operating systems that run their software.
Totally agree, especially since there are hundreds of complaints in regards to video lag when using WIFI

Now if you want to really laugh, check out this screenshot that was just posted over on the DJI forum. Keep in my that this is a DJI Support Tech. OMFG!

080724r1tf6641v34ff1f6.jpeg

The sad part about my post above is that earlier within the same thread a DJI Moderator posted this:
upload_2017-12-28_11-47-6.png

And this was posted two months ago by DJI support with Spark on it... lol

Here is an example of how to argue a point with facts versus opinion. My "fact" is based on information clearly available on the DJI business website. The spec of the Crystalsky Mount states that an OTG cable is required for using the Crystalsky with Spark. It further states that OTG will be available for other mobile devices in the future. Here is a screen shot taken this AM.
View attachment 2416
Yes I read that "fact" as well when I first got my Spark...still waiting for the OTG support.

Reactions: notime

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef