Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark - 12 flights all perfect over the Weekend

Sterling Collins

Join
Jun 22, 2017
I am impressed with the Spark . Did 12 flights and used all !! I am using the RC with OTG cable , Range extenders ( as I had a image signal warning so I put them on and all went away as I use for my P4P and P3A) and a dedicated Ipad mini 3 . Not one hic up on any controls . The Quickshots ( and they are adjustable now with the new upgrade firmware ) , Gesture controls , RTH , Tripod , Tap fly , sport mode , work perfect . The Spark is totally upgraded to all new firmware with NO Issues !!! The pics and movies are great for what you get . The Spark is not a Phantom .. No way but it has its place in my work and i like it very much !!! I will report more later as we go to 7000 feet tomorrow with it in the mountains . Thanks ..SterlingDJI_0108.JPG IMG_8504.JPG IMG_8486.JPG

Good report! Love your photo "summoning" us to read your post. I'm flashing solid green on your enthusiasm for this cool new drone.

Reactions: Sterling Collins
Hello Sterling Collins,
I like your post and your enthousiasm. I am also very happy of this machine.
Question : did you buy the antenna reflector or did you a custom home made pair ?
Best regards.
André
From Swizterland

Hello Sterling Collins,
I like your post and your enthousiasm. I am also very happy of this machine.
Question : did you buy the antenna reflector or did you a custom home made pair ?
Best regards.
André
From Swizterland
I bought them for like $15 dollars and they fit all three of my DJI drones ... Thanks for looking and the comment .

Hi ! Nice post ! Totally agree, the Spark is just great. I don't have the RC yet, but with the phone it's just cool and good for the quickshot mode, didn't try the other mods !

Best regards from France

Fred

Hi ! Nice post ! Totally agree, the Spark is just great. I don't have the RC yet, but with the phone it's just cool and good for the quickshot mode, didn't try the other mods !

Best regards from France

Fred
Hello there in France !!! And yes I have really enjoyed the Spark it does as they say !! All the Best and Aces High

Reactions: Ferviette
Thank you Sterling for the nice report and pics. And hello to the Board.

Mainly on boards only problems are discussed. So the feeling about a product will be always not so good.

Refreshing, that you post your good experience. I think if everyone who is happy with the Spark will post here, we can stop working in order to read all these fantastics postings. ;-)

Always safe flights and best wishes from Germany.

New firmware as of when? When you say no issues with the quickshots, did your Spark increase in altitude in Dronie mode? I've seen most people (including myself) saying that it simply flies backwards with little to no increase in altitude. I believe I also saw someone say theirs did fly back and up as shown in the promotional videos. It's odd that there is inconsistency there.

New firmware as of when? When you say no issues with the quickshots, did your Spark increase in altitude in Dronie mode? I've seen most people (including myself) saying that it simply flies backwards with little to no increase in altitude. I believe I also saw someone say theirs did fly back and up as shown in the promotional videos. It's odd that there is inconsistency there.
You set the how high you want it with the Auto Track when you first start then you set how far you want it to go out and hit go on the auto track and it goes straight out and does not gain altitude ... works fine as I used it several time yesterday in the mountains .

Thank you Sterling for the nice report and pics. And hello to the Board.

Mainly on boards only problems are discussed. So the feeling about a product will be always not so good.

Refreshing, that you post your good experience. I think if everyone who is happy with the Spark will post here, we can stop working in order to read all these fantastics postings. ;-)

Always safe flights and best wishes from Germany.
Thanks So Much -- yes my Spark seems all very good and is !! Positive and truthful !!!! Aces high !!!

Reactions: schmollo
You set the how high you want it with the Auto Track when you first start then you set how far you want it to go out and hit go on the auto track and it goes straight out and does not gain altitude ... works fine as I used it several time yesterday in the mountains .

That's not the dronie mode that is shown in the promo videos. See above at 1:16.

That's not the dronie mode that is shown in the promo videos. See above at 1:16.
Yes the promo Video ... Well what you get on the Spark Dronie Mode is a little different but it works ....I can really do this manual myself on the Spark or my P4P I dont need the auto mode but its fun to just watch it happen on the Spark .... Thanks

The Quickshots ( and they are adjustable now with the new upgrade firmware )

Nice post. I have a replacement Spark on its way from DJI so I cannot wait to try this one..

As MPhelps81 mentioned, when you say "new upgrade firmware", what version do you have loaded, 400 or is there a later version out now?

Thanks.

Nice post. I have a replacement Spark on its way from DJI so I cannot wait to try this one..

As MPhelps81 mentioned, when you say "new upgrade firmware", what version do you have loaded, 400 or is there a later version out now?

Thanks.
Aircraft Version 100.0400 RC Version 0100.0100 Go 4 App V 4.12 -- this should be all the current versions for now ..... Thanks

Reactions: Peter
Aircraft Version 100.0400 RC Version 0100.0100 Go 4 App V 4.12 -- this should be all the current versions for now ..... Thanks

Thanks Sterling.

I have to say that it's surprising that nearly 3 weeks out there haven't been any firmware updates yet, especially given the apparent number of issues being reported.

Autotrack and QuickShot are two different things.

QuickShot doesn't work for me. Shows Chinese characters or a video and kicks me out before I can choose one of the 4 modes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme