Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark Pilot - FCC question zzZZZZ

dannymarvel

Join
Jul 3, 2019
Hi Fellas,

Sorry to be a bore, I can see the "CE to FCC" thing has been asked constantly on this and many other forums but....

I'm based in the UK and stuck with the dreaded CE mode. I bought the drone thinking 1KM...wow! Unfortunately, I didn't read the small print :( not a major issue, 500M sounds grand. I can barely get 200M in 2.4GHz and forget 5.8Ghz. So, a little disappointing, I recently discovered the FCC fiddle. I don't really want to fly 1KM in all honesty but I'd like it to be really stable when I do venture out to 500M-ish. So I've tried the FCC trick in 2 locations, both fairly rural but not totally. I followed instructions and I get channels 1-11 as opposed to 1-13, all indications say FCC mode. On both flights, I got about 150M away then I lose connection and it switches to 2.4GHz mode with a couple of bars. This tells me it's not in FCC mode? I'm using a "stable" channel in the 5.8GHz range. I'm on the latest firmware, everything is up to date. The app is fully up-to-date also. I'm using the RC as it was the fly more combo I bought. I've also tried it with and without an OTG cable.

Am I doing something wrong :eek:

Thanks for taking the time to read this, it's much appreciated.

IOS or Android, I found I had a lot more stable connection using DJI & Litchi on IOS devices.
I used DJI App on my old Android phone before and connection dropped after 100m.

I have my spark in FCC mode, stable connection 500m+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67