Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New to the field....

Toxie

Join
Jun 3, 2019
Loc
Province of Quebec, Canada
Well, as stated never piloted a drone and elected to buy a Spark fly more after much research. Drone is registered with Transport Canada and I am certified by them also.

So all that is left to do , is go out there and fly this thing and avoid crashing it ! Main objective is aerial photos and movies of boat trips and skidoo trips.

The best thing about the Spark is that it takes less effort to fly and more effort to crash. Welcome to the forum.

• Haha
Reactions: Toxie
Hello and welcome. You will love the little bird.
From what area of Quebec ?
(near CZBM - Bromont, here)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Toxie

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Well, as stated never piloted a drone and elected to buy a Spark fly more after much research. Drone is registered with Transport Canada and I am certified by them also.

So all that is left to do , is go out there and fly this thing and avoid crashing it ! Main objective is aerial photos and movies of boat trips and skidoo trips.
happy flying :)

Welcome. Best advice is to read about all the fails, best way to avoid them yourself. Also, watch as many tutorials as you possibly can on YouTube. Start in a very clear open space, use beginner mode at least for the very first flight... Be sure to form a habit of pre-flight checks... there are lots of great checklist examples to be found here and elswhere. Check your IMU and Compass sensors every time before take off... avoid concrete which may contain rebar (metal rods). Install UAV Forcast app... check the wind profile and forecast before every flight at each location.

Pay special attention to videos where guys are flying over water, if you get down too close, you may have a sad experience. And I have flown in -10 over snow, the battery will drain quite a bit faster, and you need to keep the spares warm next to your body if you plan to do the winter thing.

Cheers from north eastern Ontario.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I sure everyone on this forum has crashed their drones. Your little Spark is one tough cookie so don’t worry and fly, fly and fly some more.

All the advice above is spot on and there are some really knowledgeable people on the Forum BUT get out and fly (having made all the checks you’ll find on the Forum first) and become more and more confident. Wish you every success, it’s such good fun and really satisfy.

Welcome. Best advice is to read about all the fails, best way to avoid them yourself. Also, watch as many tutorials as you possibly can on YouTube. Start in a very clear open space, use beginner mode at least for the very first flight... Be sure to form a habit of pre-flight checks... there are lots of great checklist examples to be found here and elswhere. Check your IMU and Compass sensors every time before take off... avoid concrete which may contain rebar (metal rods). Install UAV Forcast app... check the wind profile and forecast before every flight at each location.

Pay special attention to videos where guys are flying over water, if you get down too close, you may have a sad experience. And I have flown in -10 over snow, the battery will drain quite a bit faster, and you need to keep the spares warm next to your body if you plan to do the winter thing.

-------------------

Great feed back and tips. I have downloaded an UAV Forecast app from playstore.

================

Thank you again for all the great suggestion and guidance. on that note, I did find an app called UAV Forcast....it looked good a few days ago.....then again what did I know on this topic a few days ago !!!!..Bottom line.....for the last 2 days it consistently tells me Cloud coverage do not fly.....crap sky is crystal blue..and to find clouds I have to drink a gallon of beer ..jump up and down and put on pink glasses....then i see clouds ! And when I touch them they have a weird taste of beer ??

So, I either need a different App or invite the UAV Forcast creator to come over and have a beer ( I'll hide the pink glasses!)

=================

Any suggestion for an alternative.....I must say that all other boxes in UAV Forecast ,,sats and all seemed Ok....but then again what do I know ????

================

Thank you again for all the great suggestion and guidance. on that note, I did find an app called UAV Forcast....it looked good a few days ago.....then again what did I know on this topic a few days ago !!!!..Bottom line.....for the last 2 days it consistently tells me Cloud coverage do not fly.....crap sky is crystal blue..and to find clouds I have to drink a gallon of beer ..jump up and down and put on pink glasses....then i see clouds ! And when I touch them they have a weird taste of beer ??

So, I either need a different App or invite the UAV Forcast creator to come over and have a beer ( I'll hide the pink glasses!)

=================

Any suggestion for an alternative.....I must say that all other boxes in UAV Forecast ,,sats and all seemed Ok....but then again what do I know ????
Cloud coverage is the last thing you should look in UAV forecast. In fact, the only thing I use it for is to check wind speed. The Spark manual says that you should not fly at wind speeds above 10m/s or 36km/hr. So that is something pilots should always be mindful of.
And btw, "Not Good to Fly" in UAV forecast only means that one or more parameters didn't meet the criteria set for those. You can customise the criteria for each of the parameters in settings.

Last edited:
Cloud coverage is the last thing you should look in UAV forecast. In fact, the only thing I use it for is to check wind speed. The Spark manual says that you should not fly at wind speeds above 10m/s or 36km/hr. So that is something pilots should always be mindful of.
And btw, "Not Good to Fly" in UAV forecast only means that one or more parameters didn't meet the criteria set for those. You can customise the criteria for each of the parameters in settings.
=====================

A big thank you as I obviously had not done a thorough review of the criteria customization. Award to you and a free beer when you come around, arigatou from gaikokujin Toxie !

=====================

A big thank you as I obviously had not done a thorough review of the criteria customization. Award to you and a free beer when you come around, arigatou from gaikokujin Toxie !

You are welcome mate. Btw, I am a gaikokujin too. It's my shigoto (work) which brings me to Nihon (Japan). ?

LOL ! I was asked to go to Nihon years back....but I elected to take on Middle East and Africa....challenges galore. But no doubt just as challenging on your side.....

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar