Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newb from North Carolina

I looked at y our ad but I want something that clips on underneath like yours. I just bought one like yours on Amazon and got motor covers with it. I am also thinking that the clip on one will give me a better way to mount the LED light as well.

And I would think that if the cover was left on, that for one thing there would be no use to take pictures or video and it might cause a gimbal overload error.

Looks like a good intro clip to use on future videos.:)

Reactions: graywoulf
Wow! I have a new phone with a slo-mo feature. I want to try doing that too. ?

Didnt get much a accomplished today, Spark-wise...was a little disappointed in the lack of fireworks participation out here in the country, got some footage, but nothing good, nor any fireworks popped within 5 miles or so of me, did manage to redo my FAA registration number a little more to my liking just now. Gloss white with a gray offset, to compliment the gray on the Spark, and the white in the DJI logo....20200101_190548.jpg

Can't anyone say that it is not prominently displayed or readable. Nice work!

Lol I'm late to the game, I know previously you could have it concealed, but it is what it is, wish it didnt have to be done at all, but given the circumstances, I think it compliments the drone.

Got a few more goodies in yesterday, my cheap otg cable gets the job done, but it feels extremely loose in regards to its connection in the controller, so I decided to try an official DJI cable, better work great to be a $12 cable, also got my sun shield straight from China, I was willing to wait, so I could get it cheaper. Also ordered a rinky dink tablet mount, I like the way your device sits above the controller, and the lanyard is an added bonus. Lastly, i picked up a Type-C OTG cable and Micro SD card reader, so I can transfer the High Res videos from the Micro SD, directly to my phone. Also, since we last spoke, I broke out my old Phone Google Pixel 2 XL, to use instead of my actual phone, so I have no bluetooth interference, or interference from any background apps running. This will hold me over until I find a decent tablet to use. 20200104_145438.jpg20200104_143717.jpg20200104_145112.jpg20200104_145333.jpg

Reactions: graywoulf
so I have no bluetooth interference,

It's been my experience that when using an OTG cable, I have had zero issues with Bluetooth interference.

Make sure the WiFi is OFF on the device so that the Spark doesn't sneak in and make a WiFi connection while using the cable.

That made too much sense. Lol. Well if nothing else, I won't stand the chance of damaging the charging port of the RC with a knockoff cable.

Good point on the Wifi. Was gonna say I will go try that at sunset, but I'm not gonna chance it with this wind rolling in with this cold front.

Got a few more goodies in yesterday, my cheap otg cable gets the job done, but it feels extremely loose in regards to its connection in the controller, so I decided to try an official DJI cable, better work great to be a $12 cable, also got my sun shield straight from China, I was willing to wait, so I could get it cheaper. Also ordered a rinky dink tablet mount, I like the way your device sits above the controller, and the lanyard is an added bonus. Lastly, i picked up a Type-C OTG cable and Micro SD card reader, so I can transfer the High Res videos from the Micro SD, directly to my phone. Also, since we last spoke, I broke out my old Phone Google Pixel 2 XL, to use instead of my actual phone, so I have no bluetooth interference, or interference from any background apps running. This will hold me over until I find a decent tablet to use.
Well, that is a nice bunch of goodies you bought there. I have the same sun hood. It's design is the best as it flares out in the front and will not interfere with the gimbal.
As for that "rinky dink" tablet holder, the only difference between your holder and mine is the color of the foam edge protector. I like that holder a lot in it's compact design and the way it folds up for storage in my case. Do you have a case yet?

lol I love it, I just know there are some really, really nice ones just shy of $100, and this one came in at sub-$20 from Amazon. It gets the job done superbly for me.

Went out tinkering before sunset tonight, and got a few battle scars. Had the drone in sport mode, and was sitting on the front steps of the house with the wife, just playing around, went WOT towards us, and was gonna spin out of it, and do a 180 drift, but apparently the wind had other plans, and carried it further in our direction than I anticipated, she was sitting on the step above me, and it was coming straight for her, instinctively, I just stuck my hand out, and caught it in mid air, broke 2 props, and got 2 deep cuts on 2 separate fingers, but all is well, I get to sleep in the bed tonight, since I pulled off the save.

I have ordered the shoulder case that came in the Fly More Bundle, but it doesn't allow for many accommodations, besides the bare minimum, I ordered the big "backpack" case, as it seems like it is best to accomodate 4+ batteries, and my collection of accessories I'm accumulating.This was another ebay China special, it looks like it arrived in the US Thursday, so I hope to have it one day next week. s-l1600.jpg

ordering some props tomorrow, thinking about going with anbee's, or a similar brand off of Amazon. any suggestions? Currently have it narrowed down to these 2. although I may just splurge and order Genuine ones, although the Amazon reviews on these aren't too shabby.

This is my spare prop case... :)

20180224_185001.jpg

I have read good reviews from pilots about the Anbee props.

I purchased a set of Master Airscrew stealth props and they work well, but they don't fold like the OEM props and depending on the case I used, I had to remove them when storing the Spark.

Master Airscrew's were the first aftermarket props I encountered, after searching on YouTube, I like the fact the pitch differs, allowing for moderately quieter operation, but the fact that they are fixed kinda kills them for me, who knows, I may try them.

To damper my evening further, I decided to calibrate my IMU and GPS since my last post, come to find out I've lost my Polar Pro Filters during my escapades today. Went out to look for it just now, to no avail, then again I was in a tshirt and shorts, wearing crocs, and it just so happens to be 47 out, and the wind is sustained around 20mph, gusting at double that, so needless to say the search party was called off quickly.

Well, it sounds like you had quite an adventure. But you ended up the hero in your wife's eyes so it's all good as they say. I hope your fingers heal quickly. That had to hurt. :eek:

The backpack case is nice. I bought one a while back on eBay that holds three extra batteries plus a side pocket for accessories. There is the net style zippered upper storage as well. Well I guess you have gotten the "ayes" on the Anbee props and in your color too. I am considering ordering a set of skins in blue carbon fiber for mine. The gray and white has kind of gotten boring but I still have other colors and styles I want to look at. I hope you find that filter. Not a cheap item to lose. Here is a pic of my case but not my Spark in it. The pic came from eBay. And it is blowing snow here at 38 degrees. :rolleyes:

Spark Carry Case.JPG

You blew that cold over my way, woke up to 35 here this morning, got out a few minutes ago and retraced my steps, I had a couple of small spills leading up to my grand finale, this was the crash that slung the filter off, I had to watch the clip, and judge where exactly it started rolling, walked the path, and sure enough, I found it about 4 foot from where it initially started to roll. Was trying to fly in sport mode as close as I could get to the ground, wife stuck her head out the door to say something, I looked away for a minute, and I didnt realize it was descending.

• Wow
Reactions: Spark 317
You blew that cold over my way, woke up to 35 here this morning, got out a few minutes ago and retraced my steps, I had a couple of small spills leading up to my grand finale, this was the crash that slung the filter off, I had to watch the clip, and judge where exactly it started rolling, walked the path, and sure enough, I found it about 4 foot from where it initially started to roll. Was trying to fly in sport mode as close as I could get to the ground, wife stuck her head out the door to say something, I looked away for a minute, and I didnt realize it was descending.
That was quite a tumble. I have not used Sport mode much but I want to try some of that low level fast flying myself.

Was trying to fly in sport mode as close as I could get to the ground, wife stuck her head out the door to say something, I looked away for a minute, and I didnt realize it was descending.

Reminds me of the death of Jek Porkins, the X wing fighter pilot in the original Star Wars Eposode IV.

That was quite a tumble. I have not used Sport mode much but I want to try some of that low level fast flying myself.

Try the slow tripod mode and speed it up in post production. ?

Reminds me of the death of Jek Porkins, the X wing fighter pilot in the original Star Wars Eposode IV.

Our resemblance is uncanny. Kind of.....lol

Having a pregnant wife so far along that barely let's you out of her sight long enough to go to work only allows for so much exploring at home, so I've just been flying around the yard this past week.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast