Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newbie here

savage3006

Join
Apr 13, 2018
ok I brought a Husband 501s-s and have it sitting new next to my computer and browsing thru the internet I came upon a DJI spark....so I brought it, fly more combo white, I still haven't flown either, I've been on this forum and found out about the battery ejecting from the spark, so I brought the battery holder on E-bay..then the smartree charger..,Propellers Guards+Extend Landing Legs Gear Kit Protection for DJI SPARK RC Drone..extra battery..Remote Control Stick Protect Guard Rocker Joystick Holder for DJI SPARK Black..Waterproof Decal Skins Wrap Sticker Body/Battery/Remote Protector For DJI Spark..Gimbal Camera Protector Guard Lock Cover Hood Cap...Sun Shade Visor Hood for DJI Mavic Spark...Have a iPhone 6s also brought OTG cable...
Dacawin EVA Storage Bag Waterproof Case Cover Shoulder for DJI Spark Drone & Accessories (Black) waiting for the the battery clip so I can take it out and try it out, so my question is should I fly this one or the husbsan 501s, I have some experience with copters but this has to be a little different, sorry for the long post. I'm from Long Island New York.

Last edited:
Hello from the Mid-West,savage3006.

And you thought you were just buying the Spark. Lol.

I'd flip a coin to see who goes first.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello from the Mid-West,savage3006.

And you thought you were just buying the Spark. Lol.

I'd flip a coin to see who goes first.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

the Husband has headless mode but the spark does not, thinking I should practice with the Husband, but love the spark...I'm up in the air (figure of speech) which one to use first?????. Thanks for the welcome!!!!.

the Husband has headless mode but the spark does not, thinking I should practice with the Husband, but love the spark...I'm up in the air (figure of speech) which one to use first?????. Thanks for the welcome!!!!.
I would practise and fly the spark if you rely or get use to headless flight ie the drone will come towards you even if you are unsure of the direction it is facing getting use to flying this way may lead to complication when you are flying the spark. I would get use to looking at the dji app to see which way you are pointing. I was flying the other day my self and was in line of sight but did not know which was the front or back and for a short time when I thought I was bringing the drone towards me I was really going away as I was moving the stick in the wrong direction but them I saw that it was moving away by the distance meter and was by the heading direction that I was pointed towards myself but moving the stick in the wrong direction

I would practise and fly the spark if you rely or get use to headless flight ie the drone will come towards you even if you are unsure of the direction it is facing getting use to flying this way may lead to complication when you are flying the spark. I would get use to looking at the dji app to see which way you are pointing. I was flying the other day my self and was in line of sight but did not know which was the front or back and for a short time when I thought I was bringing the drone towards me I was really going away as I was moving the stick in the wrong direction but them I saw that it was moving away by the distance meter and was by the heading direction that I was pointed towards myself but moving the stick in the wrong direction

Ok will fly the spark first and get used to flying it baby steps I guess.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Fly that hubsan first!.. I come from an h501s.

The hubsan is much cheaper and honestly is a bit easier to just pick up and fly. You can get used to the standard procedure of calibrating compass, making sure you have gps, and less settings. I wouldn't even bother with heading mode as that will only hinder your learning process. The dji is a bit of a Cadillac compared to the hubsan.. but only after spending time and flying the hubsan will you truly appreciate the dji name. Feel free to msg me if you like about your choice in the matter!

I just bought my spark after crashing my h501s (no second s) due to it going out of control nearly every time I flew it. Sell the hubsan and buy more stuff for your spark (if there's anything you haven't already bought lol)

I just bought my spark after crashing my h501s (no second s) due to it going out of control nearly every time I flew it. Sell the hubsan and buy more stuff for your spark (if there's anything you haven't already bought lol)
it's for sale on E-bay the spark is a keeper for now.

Reactions: hondacura93
Fly that hubsan first!.. I come from an h501s.

The hubsan is much cheaper and honestly is a bit easier to just pick up and fly. You can get used to the standard procedure of calibrating compass, making sure you have gps, and less settings. I wouldn't even bother with heading mode as that will only hinder your learning process. The dji is a bit of a Cadillac compared to the hubsan.. but only after spending time and flying the hubsan will you truly appreciate the dji name. Feel free to msg me if you like about your choice in the matter!
I would have kept it but where I live they don't even notice the spark is flying around them.

it's for sale on E-bay the spark is a keeper for now.
I feel like I should elaborate. Not all hubsans have issues but they are known for having software issues especially while flying in gps mode. Although they fly great with no gps. Also the basic controller is crap. If you don't have the advanced controller (the one with external antenae) you'll have absolutely no range on the video feed which obviously makes it so you can only fly it within visual range even though the 2.4 intenna is capable of around a mile and a half I believe.

All that being said I still recommend selling it and using the spark. It's a bit of a process setting everything up (where as with the hubsan you pretty much just turn it on and go) but the peace of mind you get from the video game like stability in the spark makes it totally worth it and will put your mind at ease when it comes to the thought of your drone flying away on its own!

I feel like I should elaborate. Not all hubsans have issues but they are known for having software issues especially while flying in gps mode. Although they fly great with no gps. Also the basic controller is crap. If you don't have the advanced controller (the one with external antenae) you'll have absolutely no range on the video feed which obviously makes it so you can only fly it within visual range even though the 2.4 intenna is capable of around a mile and a half I believe.

All that being said I still recommend selling it and using the spark. It's a bit of a process setting everything up (where as with the hubsan you pretty much just turn it on and go) but the peace of mind you get from the video game like stability in the spark makes it totally worth it and will put your mind at ease when it comes to the thought of your drone flying away on its own!
yes I did get the advanced version and it was or is a 501s-s won't know now how it flew. but the spark is so steady and fly's so good no problems yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme