Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newbie problem.urgent help needed

maexha

Join
Feb 1, 2018
I just got my Spark FlyMoreCombo, I had problems activating it since QRCode won't scan and Wifi (RC & AC) won't show up on my phone. I read and watched a lot of video tutorials but it wont work on my devices. I also tried DJi support but they want me to send my drone for diagnose and repair, problem is I am travelling soon and I want my drone with me. So if anyone could please help me with these problems:

1. Wifi setting(RC&AC) won't show up on my mobile. AC will show up after resetting wifi of the aircraft.

2. Once I get to connect them on my phone its like both are fighting for connection on my phone. One will disconnect then the other one is connected.

3. I managed to connect the drone and took off but it disconnects midflight . I got nervous cause it won't land and the wind started blowing.

Please anyone help me, I really want to learn to fly this drone. I am using a Moto G5Plus phone if it matters and I just bought the drone really , read and watched instructional videos and manual.IMG_20180130_180021588.jpg

Last edited:
Don't want to insult you with obvious questions but have you linked the RC & AC?, the symptoms with both "fighting for connection" makes me think they are not linked properly. Honestly I would try reinstalling DJI GO 4 app, resetting the AC (power up then press and hold the power button until you hear 1 beep, 2 beeps, then 3 beeps. Now the AC is reset. Then power up the RC and AC, press and hold the AC power button until you hear 1 beep then release it. On the RC press and hold Flight Pause, Fn, and assignable button on top of RC at the same time until it beeps and RC LED begins to flash. Once they are linked the RC LED will show green. The AC status indicators will (should) be solid red up front and slow flashing green in rear. FWIW, I still have to power up my RC twice before the wifi on my mobile (Android) sees it. Good Luck!!

Hi thank you for your response. To answer your query, yes, RC & AC are linked. I managed to connect them and fly the drone but still having trouble starting up. Wifi settings on both RC&AC does not show up on my mobile device initially. The battery of the AC used half already and Im still trying to connect it.

PS: I was able to fly it today but not for long since the battery drained out after trying to connect for long

If your using the controller and have paired it to the AC, all you have to do is link you phone to the RC wi-fi ssid, if you look at the available networks on the phone you should see something like "SparkrcXXXX" that is what you need to connect the phone to, the password is located in the Spark battery bay as part of the QR code sticker

To be sure I would re-link the RC to the AC , using method 2 in the video is the easiest.

The next time you start up the AC and RC , they will still be linked, all you will need to do is connect your phone to the RC wifi and that is it

Yeah I know that already, thank you. I know how to connect my problem is the wifi settings of the RC does not show up on my mobile right away.I always have to reset everything

Just a suggestion,

Try going into your wifi settings on your phone and hitting "forget" on the AC wifi so it won't connect automatically. I believe that the AC wifi is turning on first before the RC wifi so your phone connects to it first and you keep having to go back in to disconnect it

Yeah I know that already, thank you. I know how to connect my problem is the wifi settings of the RC does not show up on my mobile right away.I always have to reset everything
That is exactly how my AC and RC behave. I have to start AC then RC then Re-start RC before the mobile device wifi "sees" the RC. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I always "Forget" the device to home wifi link before attempting to connect RC.

Just a suggestion,

Try going into your wifi settings on your phone and hitting "forget" on the AC wifi so it won't connect automatically. I believe that the AC wifi is turning on first before the RC wifi so your phone connects to it first and you keep having to go back in to disconnect it
I think you are on to something, since there is no Internet, if the phone "sees" another WiFi, it will connect to it, to try and gain internet.

Actually the AC never shows up in wifi on device, the RC goes green and still not visible in device until I restart the RC. When it goes green the second time I power it up it pops up in device wifi in seconds. Weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis