Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newbie with potentially silly questions ahead :)

smallman28

Join
Oct 15, 2017
Had Phantoms before and a Mavic but never encountered so much of a "faff" as the Spark!
Okay,so,I bought the fly more combo and I understand the controller is already bound to the Spark,got the app installed on my Note 8 and tried to scan the QR code,and it wouldn't work no matter what.
The Wifi network from the Spark itself was "invisible" so I found a way to reset it and make it visible to my phone to update the firmware and got them connected to each other.
Updated what I could eventually but again the Sparks Wifi signal went "invisible" again!
So,am I right in assuming that with the fly more combo I should be doing everything through the controller?
I can connect the phone to the controller through Wifi and that allows me to then "talk" to the Spark to do any updates,yes?
Also why is it I see some mobiles/tablets connected to the controller with a USB lead,does that mean I don't have to use the Wifi on the phone or is it to just charge the phone from the controller?
When I connected to the controller it said I needed to update it's firmware,I click on "download" but then cause I am connected to the controllers Wifi it says there is no internet connection,which there isn't,obviously!
Sorry if I sound stupid but it is all about as clear as mud :)
Okay,if you are only using Wifi to control the Spark I can see it being easier (even if the QR code doesn't scan) but throwing the controller into the mix just seems to confuse things so much more.
Is there something I should have/should not have been doing different?

I'm a newbie too, but maybe I can pass on my experience. When you use the remote control steering of the Spark is done only using sticks. The phone or tablet continues to show all alarms and but the steering controls are no longer displayed. The USB cable is not needed. Phone or tablet connects to RC, RC connects to drone. On updates using the GO4 App, you must switch back and forth to Spark SSID and your local WLAN SSID. If you have an Apple computer or a PC, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 with the drone connected directly to the computer with USB. It's easier to update this way in my opinion.

I'm a newbie too, but maybe I can pass on my experience. When you use the remote control steering of the Spark is done only using sticks. The phone or tablet continues to show all alarms and but the steering controls are no longer displayed. The USB cable is not needed. Phone or tablet connects to RC, RC connects to drone. On updates using the GO4 App, you must switch back and forth to Spark SSID and your local WLAN SSID. If you have an Apple computer or a PC, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 with the drone connected directly to the computer with USB. It's easier to update this way in my opinion.

Yeah I have a Chromebook though ;)
I don't mind the hassle it's more a case of making it all seem so simple in the videos DJI put out ;)
With just using the phone/gestures as a method of control,rather than having the controller from the outset,it probably is simple but the lack of CLEAR information on DJIs part about the whole process and potential pitfalls when have the fly more combo is poor to say the least.
I thought I was going to have a problem when right from the beginning the app wouldn't scan the QR code.

Hey guys,
Stupid question lol but, is my Sparks Video quality supposed to be pixelated coming from the SD card? I have tried two SD cards to see if the one DJI gave me was trash but, it was true for both. I thought it was supposed to be crisp 1080p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502