Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Next in the series - Low and Over the Fall Colours

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Okay, so I do a lot of tree videos... its a thing I guess... but I am fascinated by the changing fall colours, and like to share them. Soon the trees that do drop their leaves will be bare, and a whole new floor will be visible from the air... looking forward to that opportunity.

Here is the latest Spark adventure from the skies chez Northwood, please click to watch on Youtube and go full 1080 if your screen will do it!

Thanks for watching and please subscribe.:cool:

Beautiful.
Thank you. I never seem to get the time/weather combination when I am anywhere else... the Spark goes with me wherever I am, as an IT guy for decades, I carry my laptop everywhere as I am technically on call 24/7/365, and the Flymore bag fits nicely inside my laptop backpack. I've scouted out some good locations, just got to wait for the gods to smile on me and align the time and weather!

Stunning colors wish it would last another 4 weeks but im afraid its going to end sooner than we think.

Thanks. Well to be fair, I did apply a LUT that someone posted here that was "Spark optimized" which I have used in a few videos where there was strong sunlight... in this muted light, I think it overstates the reds, and thats why the oranges and reds really sizzle... but hey, it may not be 100% real, but sure is pretty. Très Jolie

I do most of my drone vids in Final Cut Pro on the Mac, this one I did in Resolve 15, also on the Mac,. Its a good editor, though sometimes one gets confused between keyboard shortcuts and the various editors. I have various version of Vegas on several PCs, need to get back to that environment, I spent quite a few years in Vegas, the Mac is a laptop, easy to sit and edit anywhere.

And as for winter... it can go to hell! Ha ha ha! ( I will pay for that, better get the snow tires on, and get the yard tractor converted from mower to blower!)

Will you be doing snow videos?

Okay, so I do a lot of tree videos... its a thing I guess... but I am fascinated by the changing fall colours, and like to share them. Soon the trees that do drop their leaves will be bare, and a whole new floor will be visible from the air... looking forward to that opportunity.

Here is the latest Spark adventure from the skies chez Northwood, please click to watch on Youtube and go full 1080 if your screen will do it!

Thanks for watching and please subscribe.:cool:
That was most enjoyable! It's been many years since we have had much really nice "fall colors" down in my neighborhood... so I thank you for sharing that with all of us!

Thanks. Well to be fair, I did apply a LUT that someone posted here that was "Spark optimized" which I have used in a few videos where there was strong sunlight... in this muted light, I think it overstates the reds, and thats why the oranges and reds really sizzle... but hey, it may not be 100% real, but sure is pretty. Très Jolie

I do most of my drone vids in Final Cut Pro on the Mac, this one I did in Resolve 15, also on the Mac,. Its a good editor, though sometimes one gets confused between keyboard shortcuts and the various editors. I have various version of Vegas on several PCs, need to get back to that environment, I spent quite a few years in Vegas, the Mac is a laptop, easy to sit and edit anywhere.

And as for winter... it can go to hell! Ha ha ha! ( I will pay for that, better get the snow tires on, and get the yard tractor converted from mower to blower!)

Will you be doing snow videos?

I dont know how my Spark will handle winter it`s going to be a first for me lol but i imagine that i wont be able to resist .

That was most enjoyable! It's been many years since we have had much really nice "fall colors" down in my neighborhood... so I thank you for sharing that with all of us!

Thanks for the comments. That was a week ago now, we've had wind all week, many of them are down. Its not going to be possible to fly this weekend I am fairly certain, so that might have been the last opportunity to get the real contrast.

I dont know how my Spark will handle winter it`s going to be a first for me lol but i imagine that i wont be able to resist .

Keep the batteries as warm as possible.
Don't let them get cold.

I have a flannel bag hung next to my body that keeps them warm.

Your hands may get cold before the Spark.;)

Reactions: Poletramp
Keep the batteries as warm as possible.
Don't let them get cold.

I have a flannel bag hung next to my body that keeps them warm.

Your hands may get cold before the Spark.;)
Try these on for size. If they don't fit then you must quit...for the winter

Actually, fly from inside of your car. This works really well. I used an iphone 6, and got over 1.5 miles controlling the Spark from within my car. Stay warm, seated, and use of a beverage holder.

Awesome!
We are about to hit the color change here at Lost Maples State Park.
The area is bigger than the State Park, which focuses on a fork in a stream through the hills.
Lots of other places to get drone shots out there.

Incidentally, we are canceling the Thanksgiving trip out to Marfa, Texas.
Seems like the entire area shuts down for Thanksgiving and the dinner buffet is $100/ pp.
Just can't swing that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast