Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

NFZ?

AF_Flyer

Join
Jun 18, 2017
Loc
Crestview, FL
As I patiently wait for my Spark to arrive I'm getting in as much research as possible. While looking the DJI Go app on my phone I'm a little confused about the different types of zones.

I think I understand the Restricted Zone & Authorization Zone but what's the Warning & Enhanced Warning Zones all about? Correct me if I'm wrong but the Restricted means just that, stay out. As for the Authorization zone, I believe it's like the 5 mile boundary around airports, meaning you may fly there but must notify them first? If this is true then what's the others?

I guess I don't understand the difference between the last three (Warning, Enhanced Warning & Authorization Zones).

Its my understanding they might be areas where there might be dangers in the air. Such as near me there was an air show a few weekends ago. The normal airbase restriction was in place but a new enhanced warning area extended over my house.
After checking again this morning, this has now expanded even more to most of england, i guess due to the terror level being raised.

I realize that this is an old post but for reference..

If you click the Go4 app menu in the upper right corner, and then Flight Restriction Information it will launch the DJI map page which also shows:

Warning Zones. In these Zones, which may not necessarily appear on the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning message that may be relevant to their flight.

Example Warning Zone: A protected wildlife area.

Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.

Example Enhanced Warning Zone: A farm which is 3 miles away from a busy international airport.

Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear yellow in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account.

Example Authorization Zone: Model aircraft flying club near an airport.

Restricted Zones. In these Zones, which appear red the DJI GO app, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. If you believe you have authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, please contact [email protected]

Example Restricted Zone: Washington D.C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit