Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No 4K video on the DJI Mavic Mini! Why, oh why, DJI?

H

Haye Kesteloo

No-4K-video-on-the-DJI-Mavic-Mini.jpeg

Yesterday, DJI launched the all-new DJI Mavic Mini, a drone can fly for up to 30 minutes and weighs less than 250 grams. And because of that ultralight-weight, it does not have to be registered with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) when flown recreationally. My overall impression after initially flying the Mini is that it’s a great little drone. And Mini makes drone flying much more accessible for consumers in the United States, but even more so around the world where this drone runs into even fewer restrictions. It is starting to sound like the ideal travel drone, right? Well, there is one catch… And that is that the DJI Mavic Mini only shoots 2.7K video at a bitrate of 40Mbps, not 4K video at 100Mpbs like the DJI Osmo Pocket. Why, oh why, DJI?

more…

The post No 4K video on the DJI Mavic Mini! Why, oh why, DJI? appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

The reason I heard was that the larger sensor required for 4K would have pushed the weight of the drone over their target of <250 g. The weight limit was, I believe, one of their primary design parameters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef